BSL Update: 2009 #12*UPDATED* info on the last 2 sims of Reg Season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League File is Ready

Game Date is 9/14/09

Export Deadline is Wednesday 7/25/12 at 2:00 PM central time. Rosters can be expanded to 40 at this point

I will sim 15 days which will take us to 9/29/09 in game

Export Deadline of Thursday 7/26/12 at 2:00 PM central for the final sim of the regular season which will take us from 9/30/09 - 10/5/09

At that point I will post a thread with the playoff schedule.

Last edited:
No reason to run a sim until September 30th and then one that will only cover 4 days or so. Let's finish this puppy off.

Steph

No reason to run a sim until September 30th and then one that will only cover 4 days or so. Let's finish this puppy off.

Steph

There is if I'm down 1 game and want to set my rotation to go on a few days rest to give me my best shot :)

Cleveland still has a half game lead.Exported and ready to go. Does not matter to me either way. Just hoping to hang on and make the post season!!

Mets expanded,I thought for some reason when you expanded your 40 man at this time you these players MLB contracts didn't kick in.

I decided to call up my #1 MR Jansen for the remainder of the season.

No Thats only In Spring I believe, If you are expanding rosters in September I believe it is best to stick with Players who are already on your 40 Man Roster

Just run it out. I'm going to end up losing money again this year. Did everything I could to cut losing and still lost!! Can anyone explain to me what to do to stop this trend other than winning?? I traded guys with larger salaries for lower salaries and it didn't work. What am I missing?

Both are incorrect.

ANY time you have a player on the MLB roster, spring--sept---anytime at all...they will be added to the 40 man roster and will earn secondary roster time and assigned a MLB contract when active.

They will not earn major league service time in spring, as long as they are put back in the minors before the end of spring.

That is why it is very important to use Sept call ups strictly for the following two groups.

1. Minor league players that already have major league contracts.
2. Players that you are almost certain will start the year with your MLB team next season.

Other than that, you are just burning service time and getting people to arbitration sooner, and before they are ready to perform in most cases.

Cory

Just run it out. I'm going to end up losing money again this year. Did everything I could to cut losing and still lost!! Can anyone explain to me what to do to stop this trend other than winning?? I traded guys with larger salaries for lower salaries and it didn't work. What am I missing?

Your payroll was still too high for your attendance to balance out. The only two things that would have saved you would have been to run a lower payroll with your current attendance all year, or have higher attendance to maintain the payroll you decided on. Obviously, this is not accounting for whatever you did with ticket prices throughout the season.

Look at Minnesota. He ran a 60 million payroll on a 114 million budget and as of the sim before last has only got into the green SEVEN million dollars. That is not withstanding any releases/buyouts, increased spending elsewhere, etc. But you get the idea.

Teams that finish negative just need to make drastic changes. You are not that far off of where you need to be, just far enough away that it will cost you for the time being.

If you need help in the offseason getting squared away, PM me.

Cory

Not the time for a 2-11 Sim, might have just killed my season. Though I did just get an in game message telling me fan interest decreased considerably because I released Jeff Kent, which I did after the 2007 season. That made me chuckle a bit.

Not the time for a 2-11 Sim, might have just killed my season. Though I did just get an in game message telling me fan interest decreased considerably because I released Jeff Kent, which I did after the 2007 season. That made me chuckle a bit.

That happened to me with Alphonso Soriano. Someone signed him this year after I let him walk last season and the fan interest dropped.

Hey Nick...

Glad to SP Jorge Mendez paid off trading him to you..

Pitched a NO Hitter 8/31 against Astros..

Blue Jays hanging in there for the wild card... One more good sim and I can breath a sigh of relief... Exported with roster expansion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back