BSL Update: 2009 #12*UPDATED* info on the last 2 sims of Reg Season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the Braves are pretty much out of the hunt, just hoping to crawl back out of the cellar down the stretch. Both minor league teams have clinched their respective divisions.

mariners exported and ready to make a bigger run and try to make playoffs but also ready for next season just need one or two adjustments and be alot better team

mariners exported and ready to make a bigger run and try to make playoffs but also ready for next season just need one or two adjustments and be alot better team

You should get Manager of the year for the turn around the Mariners did! but simmer down cause the AL west is the Rangers!!!

Cards coming to life! A little to late! Awesome sim though. J.Weaver and Harry the Horse pitching well. Vlad coming to life batting. 335 in 185 at bats didnt see that coming with those ratings.

Based on Playoff Runs, I think it does make alot of sense to split the sims.

I will run a full 15 days tomorrow and will finish the regular season on Thursday so Only a one day swing here for the end of the regular season, I will add this info to the first post

Based on Playoff Runs, I think it does make alot of sense to split the sims.

I will run a full 15 days tomorrow and will finish the regular season on Thursday so Only a one day swing here for the end of the regular season, I will add this info to the first post

Good Luck to the playoff run teams... +1 on split sim!!!
Should be a really interesting finally in a couple divisions..

yes, but i was $26 million in the red before the season!

i am in the black ONLY about $10 million now, but with revenue sharing and a few cuts coming up, i expect that to grow. the miracle is i did that with a $26 million deficit coming into the season! so, yes, i had a $114 million budget and $60 million payroll but i have no pitching at the major league level so i cannot win right now and had to lower ticket prices to get any revenues at all or i was doomed to lose money once again! i will not lose money ever again! that i promise. i know how to cut payroll and make sure i at least won't spend money i don't have.

my future looks bright with at least 3 or 4 major prospects being ready for 2010 and some payroll cuts coming up that will help me compete and get rid of the worst starting pitching in the BSL! it is slowly coming around. my AAA team is in the playoffs with the 2nd best record in all of the league because of all my prospects doing so well. i am excited about the future! we shall see!

good luck to those making the playoffs! it will be interesting to see if we have our 3rd champion in 3 years! oakland may not make the playoffs but colorado looks good to get back in the tournament. it will be interesting!

Your payroll was still too high for your attendance to balance out. The only two things that would have saved you would have been to run a lower payroll with your current attendance all year, or have higher attendance to maintain the payroll you decided on. Obviously, this is not accounting for whatever you did with ticket prices throughout the season.

Look at Minnesota. He ran a 60 million payroll on a 114 million budget and as of the sim before last has only got into the green SEVEN million dollars. That is not withstanding any releases/buyouts, increased spending elsewhere, etc. But you get the idea.

Teams that finish negative just need to make drastic changes. You are not that far off of where you need to be, just far enough away that it will cost you for the time being.

If you need help in the offseason getting squared away, PM me.

Cory

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back