BSL Update : 2009 World Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Congrats to Cincy for winning the 2009 BSL 2.0 World Series

LEague File is ready

Export deadline is 2:00 PM Thursday 8/2/12

You can now offer contracts and arbitration numbers to your players and Non tender any you want to let go, and you can also offer arb to Free agents who may be leaving (type A or B etc.)

congrats to the Reds! Tied for my second favorite team (along with any team that isn't owned by me) I suggest you go all Florida Marlins and blow up the roster starting ...now

A few reminders on some details:

The game has already submitted the 'player' offers for arb. You can either match it, or offer LESS money. The player will then 'go to arbitration' and the game will decide if your lower figure or the player's figure is his salary for next year. You can also offer long-term extensions as always during this process. You can often get players cheaper by offering below what the player is requesting, espeically following a bad season from the player.

Regarding Type A and Type B free agents....if you do NOT offer these players arbitration, you are not eligible for the draft pick compensation....HOWEVER, if you offer arb, you are at the whim of the computer. If the player declines arbitration offer, he becomes a free agent and you get comp picks when he is signed by another team. IF he ACCEPTS you arbtiration offer, the computer will generate a one-year salary for him. Keep this in mind when offering arbitration to older players who will want a lot of money in the open market...they just might take your 1 year offer and run with it.

Any other financial/offseason questions, post them up. I know a few of you are first timers, so don't be afraid to ask or PM.

ALSO: BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR IN-GAME INBOX FOR TEAM/MUTUAL OPTION MESSAGES! If you get one, open the message, and you will be able to exercise or decline the option in the lower right.

Thanks. Glad my boys came through this year after losing out to the A's last season.

Looks like I'll have some rebuilding to do on my pitching staff. Cliff Lee declined his player option and wants to test free agency. He's asking for 7 years at $17 million per year!!! Sergio Mitre wants $9.0 - $9.5 million per year so it might be time to call up some youngsters. We'll see - hopefully not a complete Marlins situation though!

Eric

I am pretty pleased overall with my season, aside from my starting pitching jumping off a cliff most of the year.

Bonderman was my horse...he won't win AL Cy Young (Tommy Hanson will), but he should. No way I even sniff the playoffs without him.

It's all a bit hazy now, but I plan on having back all but about 3 players off my roster, and no key figures gone. If some prospects develop decent enough, I should be stronger than I left off, NOT including any other additions or trades.

Cory

You have just been informed that fan loyalty INCREASES to above avg.

YESSSSS

In other news...

Derrick Lee exercises his 20+ million option for AZ...no big surprise there!
Zach Greinke DECLINES his option, so he will be a top free agent.

Last edited:
We are gonna hold The topening of trading until after the arbitration hearings/FA filings.

That way no one gets confused or stuck with an expiring player.

You have just been informed that fan loyalty INCREASES to above avg.

YESSSSS

In other news...

Derrick Lee exercises his 20+ million dollar contract.

I will be so glad when that contract is up. That has been a nightmare contract that the computer generated when this all began.

Anyone Want him?????????????????

Ron

P.S. - Congrats to the Reds on winning the World Series.

Last edited:
Congrats Eric on winning the WS (WAR the NL!!!)
But I'm gonna need Sizemore, Wright, & especially Fullerton to all *** in a cup.....

Wait 'til next year!!!!!!!!

Go NATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to both teams in the World Series.

One of my studs became a super 2 and 2 other decided to go to Arb and take me to the bank.

Its gonna be a long off season.

I am pretty pleased overall with my season, aside from my starting pitching jumping off a cliff most of the year.

Bonderman was my horse...he won't win AL Cy Young (Tommy Hanson will), but he should. No way I even sniff the playoffs without him.

It's all a bit hazy now, but I plan on having back all but about 3 players off my roster, and no key figures gone. If some prospects develop decent enough, I should be stronger than I left off, NOT including any other additions or trades.

Cory

Looks like we might be in for a pretty good race next year then. Have me eye on 2 or 3 free agents but other than that I should be set for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back