BSL Update : 2009 World Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
... I suggest you go all Florida Marlins and blow up the roster starting ...now

... We'll see - hopefully not a complete Marlins situation though!

Eric

Wait, what's this "Marlins roster blow up thing? :)

Marlins did a serious evaluation of 08's roster and made some key moves to lower payroll and bring in bats with some gloves.

On that note, just a little info to my fellow BSLers... I'd like to highlight what we did do this past year. My intent was to bolster my starting pitching by improving my defense. In 08 I had a very good pen and pretty decent starting 5, however my bats weren't strong enough to keep the scores close as my team "D" had too many holes. If you look across my starting 5 they are average. Definitely not as good as 08... but their stats weren't bad except for 1, FIP (Feilding Independent Pitching). Basically this is the ERA if you take the feilding equation out of the picture. By taking a run on average but unintimidating pitching and improving team defense we, overall, were able to compete. Taking "average" SP's allowed me to spend a bit more for a better lineup.
Overall the Marlins improved their team (vast majority are team controlled for several yr) and improve attendance, with consistant winning, by 10,000 per game, which increased revenue. As we move fwd we will continue to tighten in small areas and work to build a solid minor league!

Congrats Cincy!!! Thanks for bringing it to the NL!!

Wait, what's this "Marlins roster blow up thing? :)

Marlins did a serious evaluation of 08's roster and made some key moves to lower payroll and bring in bats with some gloves.

On that note, just a little info to my fellow BSLers... I'd like to highlight what we did do this past year. My intent was to bolster my starting pitching by improving my defense. In 08 I had a very good pen and pretty decent starting 5, however my bats weren't strong enough to keep the scores close as my team "D" had too many holes. If you look across my starting 5 they are average. Definitely not as good as 08... but their stats weren't bad except for 1, FIP (Feilding Independent Pitching). Basically this is the ERA if you take the feilding equation out of the picture. By taking a run on average but unintimidating pitching and improving team defense we, overall, were able to compete. Taking "average" SP's allowed me to spend a bit more for a better lineup.
Overall the Marlins improved their team (vast majority are team controlled for several yr) and improve attendance, with consistant winning, by 10,000 per game, which increased revenue. As we move fwd we will continue to tighten in small areas and work to build a solid minor league!

Congrats Cincy!!! Thanks for bringing it to the NL!!

I'm talking real life 1997-1998 Marlins. ;)

I did the same thing after 2007, tightened up the D, worked at improving the pitching, the bats improved a bit and went to win the division. Pretty much stood pat and did well most of the season, but the last 6 weeks or so everything fell apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back