BSL Update: 2010 Preseason #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League File is ready for everyone now.

Game Date is 3/5/10

Export deadline for the START of Spring Training is Tuesday 8/21/12 at 2:00 PM Central time.

I totally forgot to process trades so I will have to enter current posted trades on Tuesday, Sorry about that.

Last edited:
looks like the cpu put several of my minor leaguers on the active roster on its own. Some now only have 2 option years showing. Is this possible ? Looking at the transaction page maybe all teams this happened to.

looks like the cpu put several of my minor leaguers on the active roster on its own. Some now only have 2 option years showing. Is this possible ? Looking at the transaction page maybe all teams this happened to.

This happened to me also. It appears CPU brought up everyone on 40 man roster that I still have in minors. Some of them have no options left and I would have to put them on waivers if I want to demote them. I may not want to lose some of them quite yet. What to do??

leAGUE FILE IS ALL GOOD NOW.

If you had players called up by the cpu pm me who they are and I will fix it.

Nick

I too had this happen! Weird because I had just thought to pm you or ask in this thread about this when it happens! I will pm you with the players that were brought up by the CPU!

thanks!

Has happened to me every year, I have gone over the settings and can't find a way to stop it.

Click on manager options which is located where your name is, drop down menu, click on manager options, it shows everything that is controlled by the CPU or the manager. Setting lineups/depth/pitching staff....roster moves (demotions. promotions, etc).....transactions (signings, releasing players, etc)...etc etc......

Click on manager options which is located where your name is, drop down menu, click on manager options, it shows everything that is controlled by the CPU or the manager. Setting lineups/depth/pitching staff....roster moves (demotions. promotions, etc).....transactions (signings, releasing players, etc)...etc etc......

This is correct....shouldnt have cpu set to anything you dont want it handling. The optiobs burned cant be fixed.

The program just messed up with me then because I had everything set in my manager options correctly to allow only me to make those roster moves. Why would it then make them for me? I don't understand why it happened.

There are no non-roster invites in OOTP. All players on your 40 man roster will automatically be called up to ML level at the start of Spring Training. MLB does the same thing with the 40 man roster but they have non-roster invites.

Long story short...ANYONE on your 40-man secondary roster is promoted to the active spring training roster each spring.

So, if your minors are chock-full of veterans without options, you will have to make them clear waivers or release them after spring training. There is NO WAY around this.

Also, this is a great, good, excellent, outstanding reason NOT to place your prospects on the 40-man roster until you need to! Each season you send them down and burn an option, the closer you are to having to make a decision regarding their future with your team (or affecting another player's future).

Every season I see people complain about having to waiver and release players, and a lot of the time it is the people that call up just about anyone they can get their hands on to their MLB roster.

Cory

Back