BSL Update: 2010 Rookie Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League File is ready

Draft has been entered Game Date is 6/16/10

Export Deadline is Sunday at 2:00 PM Central Time.

HUGE Thanks to Cory for handling the draft last night and PM'ing me the details so I could enter the results today.

Thanks everybody!

-Nick

What happened with the Phillies 1st and 2nd round picks that were supposed to be forfeited? Cory did not elaborate on what is going to happen now since it was overlooked. Please let all GMs know since this affects all teams.

Thanks.

What happened with the Phillies 1st and 2nd round picks that were supposed to be forfeited? Cory did not elaborate on what is going to happen now since it was overlooked. Please let all GMs know since this affects all teams.

Thanks.

We're working on it.

Draft got over at 9...went to bed by 10, up at 6, work until 2:30, just getting around to things.

Also, it is only the 1st round pick in question, the 2nd round was forfeited correctly (the oldest player with half-star potential remaining was drafted---given we can't actually 'take away' picks in the software)

NOTE TO ALL OWNERS, especially you tradin' bugs...

As of last year, we modified the time frame for trading players drafted in the current season. It was originally Jan 1 of the following year. It has been modified to after the World Series when trading re-opens.

As such, keep in mind when trading up to the deadline (just a few more sims) that anyone you just drafted cannot be traded.

Three teams will certainly be in the red unless they take immediate and even drastic action.

The Braves are already in the red, the Dodgers will be by the time the trade deadline is here without some moves this sim, and the Cardinals will fall into it simply because his revenue is off from last year.

On a personal note, I had the 16th pick and came away with the 6th best if you take into account how the initial BA100 rated them.

There are a couple of different ways I can handle the Phillies 1st round pick. I would prefer to handle this between myself and the league presidents.

Option A: Philly keeps his 1st round pick that he just got and forfeits 10 of the 16 Million he recieved this year as compensation for the loss of picks.

OPTION B: Philly Keeps his 1st round pick that he just got and keeps the cash but forfeits his 1st round pick next year (as it doesnt appear that the Phillies will lose money this year)

OPTION C: I physically remove the player from the game completely. and we move on like it never happen, I can then place some older random low star FA into the phillies farm system to replace the delted player.

I am open to any of these options.

I was wondering how I got that 1st round pick myself!! If the choice is left up to me, I would select option "C": remove player selected and replace with random low star player. But I will abide by whatever decision is made.

Last edited:
I am so sorry guys that I missed the draft. Had to take my son to the doctor and did not get back until this afternoon.

Rangers exported
I will go with this option since it was accidental.
OPTION B: Philly Keeps his 1st round pick that he just got and keeps the cash but forfeits his 1st round pick next year (as it doesnt appear that the Phillies will lose money this year)

We have gone with Option C for the Phillies, When the file is updated on Sunday, Polando SP is gone.

Fine with me. The other 2 options seemed 'off' to me. If I had gotten option "A" and given back $10m compensation I could end up in negative this year and lose picks next year and worse. If I had gotten option "B" I would have lost a third consecutive #1 pick even though I would have kept this year's pick (whom I did not select) in lieu of next year's pick (which by the looks of this year will be a top 5 pick - possibly #1 or #2).

Thanks Nick and presidents for reaching a quick decision - That's why you're the commish!!! Also sorry for being the cause of the confusion.