BSL Update : 2010 Spring Training #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League File is Ready

Spring is Complete

EVERYONE needs to trim their active rosters down to 25 Men

Export Deadline for Opening day is Saturday 8/25/12 at 2:00 PM Central. If you are unable to export YOU NEED TO LET ME KNOW THE MOVES YOU WANT MADE VIA PM BEFORE THE EXPORT DEADLINE.

Make sure your active rosters are set, and that you are not over on players in Minor leagues as well.

Phillies finished Spring training at 8-11, last in the league. It looks like we're working on that 1st draft pick for next year. Oh well, on to the regular season. Export and set rosters for season. Good luck to all!!

not necessarily!

a bad spring does not necessarily mean a bad regular season. there usually is not too much correlation between the two. so, don't get down on your team just yet! good luck!

Phillies finished Spring training at 8-11, last in the league. It looks like we're working on that 1st draft pick for next year. Oh well, on to the regular season. Export and set rosters for season. Good luck to all!!

Gene - at least you are on track to actually be able to pick the #1 if you get it next season! Your financials look a LOT better than in the past.

Teams that need to beware financial issues on the horizon...

Atlanta Braves - major cash drain. Good reserves, but it will eat them fast.

Los Angeles Dodgers (MAJOR issues here, need to cut payroll via trades and soon!)

Yankees - cash drain, excellent reserves though.

St Louis - too low of cash on hand to run a negative budget. Get some payroll out the door.

Texas / Toronto - see Yankees

Washington - see Atlanta

Back up and running - will download the league again tonight.

Can someone update me on the O's record?

Thanks,

Todd

Gene - at least you are on track to actually be able to pick the #1 if you get it next season! Your financials look a LOT better than in the past.

Teams that need to beware financial issues on the horizon...

Atlanta Braves - major cash drain. Good reserves, but it will eat them fast.

Los Angeles Dodgers (MAJOR issues here, need to cut payroll via trades and soon!)

Yankees - cash drain, excellent reserves though.

St Louis - too low of cash on hand to run a negative budget. Get some payroll out the door.

Texas / Toronto - see Yankees

Washington - see Atlanta

I am watching closely, I have several contracts that end after this year or have a team option for next year. I have 31 mil dropping off for next year's salary.

Blue Jays - cash drain, excellent reserves though.

Thanks for the advice Cory... I have similar plans just like the Braves..

I will be declining options on 1B David Ortiz and LF Manny Ramirez after
the season to free up $66M in salary.. And if I really want to be cheap, I
can decline SP Roy Oswalt to free up $22M more, But I need a #1 starter!!

Kendall

Cleveland has exported. I do not feel as good about this year as I did last. Already lost a reliever for 4-5 months. Had no injuries last year. Hopefully this year will not be the opposite.

White Sox end spring strong and luckily had some decent players with options..exported and ready for opening day

btw thanks nick and cory

Don't put too much into the star ratings. They're a nice one-over, but there are many 4 star players that are no better than many of the 1.5-2 star players.

It is a cumulative average of all the player's ratings. As bad as it sounds, a guy with 35 con, 90 gap, 25 power, 15 eye, 15 k with 20 fielding and 20 speed will be a 4.5 star player, while a 50,50,50,50,50 with 10/10 would be around a 2.5-3 star player, although he is a much better play 90% of the time.

Don't put too much into the star ratings. They're a nice one-over, but there are many 4 star players that are no better than many of the 1.5-2 star players.

It is a cumulative average of all the player's ratings. As bad as it sounds, a guy with 35 con, 90 gap, 25 power, 15 eye, 15 k with 20 fielding and 20 speed will be a 4.5 star player, while a 50,50,50,50,50 with 10/10 would be around a 2.5-3 star player, although he is a much better play 90% of the time.

They both went from 60+ contact to sub 50 (along with other stat losses), so I think that is a reflection of actual loss.

Thanks for the cash update, I have been watching that. I don't think it will be a concern though by season's end with the NAT'S taking all 3 titles in the NL. Owner will be able to jack the prices up next season.
We also have set our sites on the consecutive wins to open the season 13 - a tie with the 1982 Atlanta Braves & the 1987 Milwaukee Brewers from the start of a season.

Back