BSL Update: 2014 Divisional Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Okay I messed up. I was so busy yesterday and today and was thinking alot about the BSL while working today and somehow got it stuck in my head that the sim was supposed to be run today. I ran the darn thing and started to upload before I remembered that tomorrow was technically the deadline.

I checked and made sure all playoff teams had exported and I did have an export from all playoff teams so I believe that no harm was done. But if anyone has a valid argument against the sim having been run today, I technically could reverse this by using the league file on my home computer and running the sim again when i get home, This would delay future sims until Saturday or possibly Sunday, Whereas, since I have my laptop here I can run the next sim on Thursday and continue on as planned.

I am sorry for this but since all of the playoff teams had already exported i dont see an issue.

I am currently on a slower connection than usual so the league file upload is running a lot slower than when I am home, I would assume that the current league files will be available for everyone withing the next 45 minutes, However I do not plan to try and upload the website on this connection as it will take a good 12 + hours I am ssuming.

I will post here when the current league files are available

The Playoffs played out:

Cubs Beat The Giants in 5 games
Phillies beat the Brewers in 5 Games

White Sox Beat the Yankees in 5 Games
Tampa Bay Beats Texas in 4 Games

Pleasant surpise -- Phillies beat the Brewers!!! What a slugfest series it was. Now on to Chicago and the Cubbies. Lost 2 OF to injuries so it may be a tough series. Need my pitching to play up to potential to move on this time. Cubbies look like a powerhouse. Just glad to make it this far!!! Good luck everyone.

Since the new file has been uploaded and distributed to the teams, I would not risk crashing the league by redoing the sim. Odds are, one or many of the teams with the updated sim file has already exported changes, which would bounce on the server if you tried backing up to the old file now. Is it a possibly ****** deal for Texas if he meant to re-export, yes. Is it in the best interests to keep things as are, yes. Mistakes are made, and it is not the first, nor last time something like this will happen.

As long as you had an export from all the playoff teams I would not redo the sim..

In the old league... Cory would check with playoff team to have an export in and then
move forward with the playoffs.. Since the other teams in the league were not involved
in the playoffs and had no effect on the outcome of the sim.. Mistakes happen.. Lets keep
moving forward so we wrap the world series up by the end of the weekend..

I will be fine. I just needed to adjust the rotation, and I had a few different moves to make to the roster. I will look forward to next season.

WOW, the Rays actually made it past the divisional series!!!! First time ever! Still wondering if Texas made their roster changes, if they would have lost. Probably. But hey, I'm glad I finally get to keep playing!
And when is the next export due?

WOW, the Rays actually made it past the divisional series!!!! First time ever! Still wondering if Texas made their roster changes, if they would have lost. Probably. But hey, I'm glad I finally get to keep playing!
And when is the next export due?

I think if I would have made the roster changes I would of put up a better fight, possibly overtaking the Rays.

No harm, no foul Nick. If the events of the past few days have taught me anything there are far more important things in life than honest mistakes.

Steph

Tony, anytime an export is made it overwrite any previous uploads, always making most recent valid

Thanks Cory. Maybe you answered a question for someone else as well. But then again, I could be the only stupid one that didn't know, LOL. Here's to another very quite off season for the A's in the free agent market. Come on and get here Spring Training, LOL.
Tony, anytime an export is made it overwrite any previous uploads, always making most recent valid