BSL Update: 2017 End of Reg Season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League File will be ready for all within 15 Minutes of this post

Website will be updated sometime today.

Here si the Playoff Breakdown:

Oak vs. KC
TOR vs. TEX (tex won the division!)

SD vs. NYM
CIN vs. SFG

Export deadline is Sunday at 5:00 PM Central time.

Last edited:
Oakland and Texas went to a 1 game playoff (didn't originally notice it until I seen Frank Bowers played in 163 games this year). Congrats to Texas. We went to a 6 man rotation this last sim, to try to keep the top of the rotation from pitching in that series against Texas. Helped in having the top of the rotation fresh, but I think cost us in losing the division. But hey, we are in the playoffs, so now anything can happen.

Oakland staring the tough matchup against the Royals, and will feature some top flight pitching for sure. Oakland and KC are #1 and 2 in runs allowed per game. Problem facing Oakland is that KC is in the top 3 in runs scored offensively. Oakland is behind some teams that didn't reach the playoffs, but hey, we can maybe relish in the underdog role. Wish some of my guys would be performing better though, as Heighway, Wright, Stewart, and several others on the offense have had really down years. Maybe they will step it up during the post season.

Here is looking forward to still playing in the ALCS!

One question though - How much money are we allowed to carry over to next season? I was thinking it was $75M, but didn't know if it changes. Teams like San Diego will lose almost $75M, as they have almost double that amount of money (WOW).

Last edited:
So there is no .500 record for the Nats this year. Doing some comparison, we lost 84 games. Of those 26 were 1-run games, another 20 were 2-run games, and we had 14 3-run losses. All told if we had one more bat, an extra strong reliever, or a little better 4-5 SP it would have been a much better season. 60 losses by 3 runs or less hurts but gives a challenge to overcome for next year.

Poor Yankees got squeezed out again, sorry Steph:(

Thanks Matt :) 95 wins this year, Cervantes with the AL batting title (and his VORP of 101.0), bringing in some nice revenue this year; all positives that should have us in a good position for next year. Unfortunately with only one wild card still, I knew long ago there was going to be no way to chase down the AL West teams but we gave it a heck of an effort. Only finishing two games out of the division lead helps too :)

Last edited:
Reds exported. Happy to make the playoffs, but this might be the end of the line. I don't think I have much of a chance to beat SF. They won the season series against me 6-3 and my SPs have the highest ERA in the NL this year. Plus, my pythagorean record is not very good, indicating that my squad overachieved most of the year. Not a good recipe for playoff baseball, but I guess you never know what will happen in a short 5-game series.

Eric

Thanks Matt :) 95 wins this year, Cervantes with the AL batting title (and his VORP of 101.0), bringing in some nice revenue this year; all positives that should have us in a good position for next year. Unfortunately with only one wild card still, I knew long ago there was going to be no way to chase down the AL West teams but we gave it a heck of an effort. Only finishing two games out of the division lead helps too :)

Well it came down to the final 3 games, but I was able to hold you off... Very good season Steph... I will try to bring it home for the AL East this playoffs!! Jays have the #1 offense and #3 pitching staff, but the Rangers held there ground against us this season. Good thing is that the #1 and #2 pitching staffs go head to head in the other series. Should be a very interesting playoffs on the AL side.

One question though - How much money are we allowed to carry over to next season? I was thinking it was $75M, but didn't know if it changes. Teams like San Diego will lose almost $75M, as they have almost double that amount of money (WOW).

It is at 75 million. Any cash on hand above that is lost into the abyss (or taken as 'owner profit') as it states in the game. I think SD's owner has a few Bentleys and maybe a small island by now:)

Financial overview for loss of draft picks...keep in mind nothing is final under after WS and revenue runs.

Negative for sure:
Seattle
Philly

It will be close:
Atlanta

Possibly negative (very unlikely)
Tampa
Texas

Cards with 77 wins not ideal but after the horrible start see alot of promise. A.Gutierrez hit 2 homers and 9 RBIs against SF also hit 3 homers in a game against the Mets. Excited to get a full season of him. M.Robinson out of no where hitting very well. Z.Braddock closing games at an elite level to enter free agency also Bob Bolton tearing it up ended with NL lead 127 walks .422 on base

Mets exported good luck to all teams.

I lost my SS, and MR for play offs and also my pinch hitter for 2 weeks.

On a side note my AA team is playing Seattle in the World Series.

Reds exported. Happy to make the playoffs, but this might be the end of the line. I don't think I have much of a chance to beat SF. They won the season series against me 6-3 and my SPs have the highest ERA in the NL this year. Plus, my pythagorean record is not very good, indicating that my squad overachieved most of the year. Not a good recipe for playoff baseball, but I guess you never know what will happen in a short 5-game series.

Eric

I don't know, I lost my possible rookie of the year in CF Albert, not much depth there which is why he was called up as a rookie after the fade of Zhu.

The Phillies ended the year on a couple of sour notes -- almost lose 100 games and also lose 1st round draft pick (#4 overall)!! Not what I had in mind at beginning of season. Oh well, there's always next year!!!