BSL Update: 2018 #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The files will be ready within 30 minutes, so 4:30 central time. Trying earlier just slows down the arrival time by pinging the server constantly while they are trying to upload.

I will set the next deadline at noon on Sunday. Not sure when Nick will be back in town.

Yankees - I had to cut Bruce Lamb. He cleared waivers, and you didn't have any roster space. He wouldn't accept assignment.

Reds - I had to cut two players that were claimed off waivers. I worked one of the 3 in moving some guys around, but cut the other two. I don't know if you exported or if I just didn't get on the server end.

Royals are holding down first place with a sub- .500 record and a staff boasting a + .315 BABIP. Insanely unlucky pitching.

Cory

Just got the update. It looks like C Chris Snyder's agent sent me a trade request message. Too bad for him, he will be backing up Roman until his contract runs out! On the plus side we raised the winning percentage a tick, still stink, but raised it none-the-less. We also activated two players from the DL too. I have to look at all of the positives I can!

Dewayne

Indians exported. 5 games under .500 but only a game out of first. Injuries hitting hard though. Maybe we can keep it close till the injured players come back.

Dennis

Cards playing decent still 8.5 back. Pitching is improving but the offense is 1st in NL in runs per game at 5.0. Z.Braddock is on the verge of being waived has been horrible.

Just got the update. It looks like C Chris Snyder's agent sent me a trade request message. Too bad for him, he will be backing up Roman until his contract runs out! On the plus side we raised the winning percentage a tick, still stink, but raised it none-the-less. We also activated two players from the DL too. I have to look at all of the positives I can!

Dewayne

I used to get those all the time. I could care less what the players think for the most part. If they are contributing and worth a darn, I pay them. If they aren't playing well and want out, or have higher expectations of a role, they just deal with wherever they end up on my roster. I have sent a few guys to AAA just because they ticked me off and had options. I have a 95+ fan interest level and multiple leaders, so team chemistry isn't going to take a huge knock with one guy fussing around.

Carlos Santana was batting 2nd in my lineup, is making 26.2 mil this season, and whined wanting in the middle of the order. He is still batting 2nd in one lineup. Suck it up Carlos. You're mine for 5+ years.

sounds like the good ol NLE a few seasons ago :)

Yeah, except I fully expect a random point where my team goes stratospheric. Not that it couldn't have happened then, but I just feel this is one of my deepest most talented teams overall, so I have very high expectations. Odds are, I will miss the playoffs talking like this though.

Is it too early for the Braves to throw in the towel? Looks like I am well on my way to my first 100+ loss season and that goes back to the original BSL. :(

Thanks for making those moves for me, Cory. It's exactly what I was hoping to do - get Miller out of there and add a lefty, I just didn't think I'd get all three of those guys! Sorry I didn't take care of it - I usually do a better job of keeping up with that. I just spaced and forgot to do it before I exported.

Reds are in trouble with PIT way out in front and my hitters underperforming. Owner is Mad - he expects a championship this year!

Eric

Finally have a nice start to a season and get two pitchers in the top 20 and they both go down the same sim. Dang, I don't like to complain about this stuff but lost my closer and top 2 SPs so far along with CF , back up CF, and others. Ok, I am done, still having fun. My owner actually cracked a smile last week I heard.

Finally have a nice start to a season and get two pitchers in the top 20 and they both go down the same sim. Dang, I don't like to complain about this stuff but lost my closer and top 2 SPs so far along with CF , back up CF, and others. Ok, I am done, still having fun. My owner actually cracked a smile last week I heard.

Pat, you complain every season:)

Pat, you complain every season:)

yeah, but I don't like to, Bahahaha. Usually complaining because all my guys have slow starts. I don't know what to do now that they are playing pretty good. I don't think I have had 2 pitchers in the top 20 in like 5 seasons or so

I see another no-hitter happened this sim, makes four on the year already!

Tigers had a rough sim, low point was being swept by the Rockies:)

I see another no-hitter happened this sim, makes four on the year already!

Tigers had a rough sim, low point was being swept by the Rockies:)

After averaging almost 4 Cycles a year over league history, we didn't have a single one in 2017, and none in 2018 yet either.