BSL Update: 2019#21: World Series complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Files are uploading now, Webpage is uploading now.

Congrats Oakland.

A few notes everyone needs to be aware of.

1. I had to let the Dodgers manager (Frank) go. He hadn't exported in 25 days real life, and his only post on the bench this season was his draft pick back when the draft was rolling. He is a good guy that I have known for some time, so no hard feelings, but we have another opening to fill. I will run them and Seattle in the interim.

2. I went through the FA pool and retired any player above age 24 that did not have a single rating above 50 in any CON/POW/EYE or STU/MOV/CON. It reduced the player pool drastically, so searching and server load is reduced quite a bit.

3. It is TEAM OPTION time, everyone needs to check their in-game e-mail and accept/decline any options THIS SIM.

4. It is also time to prepare for arbitration by making/adjusting arb offers, withdrawing arb (non-tender), as well as offering arb to leaving Free Agents qualified for Type A and Type B.

5. Only Texas ended up in the red financially, so he will lose his draft pick.

6. Export deadline is Thursday at noon central.

Man... twice as a brides maid... maybe third time will be a charm. Yep, im calling it now, Miami will bein the WS again next yr!

Man... twice as a brides maid... maybe third time will be a charm. Yep, im calling it now, Miami will bein the WS again next yr!
I tired getting melhuse on your active roster, but have yet to get i to work after olayoffs start. I put fletcher on my 25 right before 9/1 even though he was hurt just to make sure he was eligible

I have a question

On the eligible free agents that the Indians have. If I don't want to offer them a contract do I check the box or not check it?

Thanks,
Dennis

I tired getting melhuse on your active roster, but have yet to get i to work after olayoffs start. I put fletcher on my 25 right before 9/1 even though he was hurt just to make sure he was eligible

I appreciate that... yea for the future, if a guy is on the dl and you know he'll be avail during the playoffs just pull him off prior to the start of the playoffs.

This is the winter of doom for Washington :(:(:(:( All I can say is that next year is really going to suck without some serious luck.

On a positive note, congrats to the A's!

I have a question

On the eligible free agents that the Indians have. If I don't want to offer them a contract do I check the box or not check it?

Thanks,
Dennis

Under the Arbitration window, and player on the top that has an offer will go to arb. If you "withdraw" it will become grayed out and they will become free agents.

On the part below listing expiring free agents, you will not want to offer arb to anyone without a type A or B designation, as it does nothing.

With the type A and B players (if you have any) you have to balance the risk of them ACCEPTING the arb offer (cpu will make them a 1 year salary) vs them DECLINING the offer which makes them a free agent tied to draft pick compensation. A type A player that decline your arb offer, if he signs with a different team before the draft will reward you with a first round pick plus a sandwich 1st/2nd round pick. A type B player signing with another team rewards you with a sandwich pick between round 1/2.

Cory

So do I check the box if I don't want to resign them or leave it blank?

Thanks,
Dennis

Close call on financials for KC and TB - guess you guys had it planned out just right!

Congrats to OAK. Owner must be the happiest guy ever - won the WS and team made $81 million profit this year!!! Best of both worlds...

Eric

Cory

So do I check the box if I don't want to resign them or leave it blank?

Thanks,
Dennis

If you are referring to the check boxes on the arbitration page, you aren't actually resigning anyone on the bottom part. Those people are leaving, it is just a matter of if you want to try to get compensation picks for them or not. The people without type a or b listed are gone regardless. The other ones, you check to offer arb, leave unchecked to not offer arb. If you offer arb, there is a SMALL chance that they accept it, and the computer gives them a one year salary. 99% decline arb, which allows you to recieve the compensation picks.

Anyone listed with a checkbox on that bottom part can be resigned, by going to their player page and the normal "offer extension" area like all deals/extensions. You need to get offers in soon though, as there is a very small window at this point.

Detroit has handled team options, set arb numbers and non-tendered some guys---all set for the FA period!:)

Hi EVERYBODY! I am sorry I haven't been around the past two months have basically disappeared on me. Will get an export out today for fa and arbitration issues my schedule is not getting any easier. I have had 3 days off in the past 37 days since we got back from NYC and July appears to be more of the same 14 hour+ work days.

Yay 81,600,000 budget! Best its ever been. 55 mil cash good to go. Look out NL Central cuz brother Cardsamania will run wild on you:)

Oakland is very happy about winning the Series this year. We started off the season pretty slow, but got it together and played well. Was a bit shocked to beat KC in the ALCS.

Oh, and by the way, going to stir up some rivaly here and get some chatter going........"smart move by Chris to leave Texas. I enjoyed the competition we had, and really do hate to see him leave Texas. But, he is showing he is a super smart guy though, by leaving the AL and going to the weaker NL. Yeah, I said it. Us AL teams are way tougher than you NL teams......well, with one exception, the Cardinals. Nobody can tell what league Heath and his Redbirds are from, as their roster is ever changing."

But also not looking forward to playing in a division with half of the teams being run by Cory, so please, let's get some owners for Seattle and Texas!!!!!

Man, I can't even argue with you too much, Tony. Five of the top six owners (based on all-time winning percentage) are in the AL. OAK (under Tony), TB, KC, TOR, CIN, TEX lead the pack. Seems like you guys are the same ones battling for the playoff spots each year.

Everyone should look back at that 2011 A's draft class - Aaron Martin, 1B Shan, and OF Bowers (in the 8th round!). Probably the single best draft class for a team all-time. Not to mention Heighway and SP Quintero in 2012. Must be nice to to come onto the scene in Oakland in 2013 ;) I think you should switch to Seattle GM to see if you can build it from scratch like the rest of us, lol! Hey, you were asking for it, right?

By the way, I blame the other BSL owners for contributing to the Royals dynasty. LAA traded him SP Clark, STL sent him both SP Flores and SP Castro, and TEX gave him SP Fletcher. Nice job by KC to have the prospects and guts to make those deals happen. Heath - keep trading those 5-star SPs to KC since I don't want to see them in the NL Central!

All joking aside though, kudos to Cory, Zach, Kendall, Chris, Tony, and James for putting together and maintaining stellar franchises over the last decade or so.

Eric