BSL Update: 2019#21: World Series complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric, I cannot take credit for that draft class. It was Cory, and that is why I really, really, really would like to see new owners for both the Rangers and the Mariners ASAP.
Man, I can't even argue with you too much, Tony. Five of the top six owners (based on all-time winning percentage) are in the AL. OAK (under Tony), TB, KC, TOR, CIN, TEX lead the pack. Seems like you guys are the same ones battling for the playoff spots each year.

Everyone should look back at that 2011 A's draft class - Aaron Martin, 1B Shan, and OF Bowers (in the 8th round!). Probably the single best draft class for a team all-time. Not to mention Heighway and SP Quintero in 2012. Must be nice to to come onto the scene in Oakland in 2013 ;) I think you should switch to Seattle GM to see if you can build it from scratch like the rest of us, lol! Hey, you were asking for it, right?

By the way, I blame the other BSL owners for contributing to the Royals dynasty. LAA traded him SP Clark, STL sent him both SP Flores and SP Castro, and TEX gave him SP Fletcher. Nice job by KC to have the prospects and guts to make those deals happen. Heath - keep trading those 5-star SPs to KC since I don't want to see them in the NL Central!

All joking aside though, kudos to Cory, Zach, Kendall, Chris, Tony, and James for putting together and maintaining stellar franchises over the last decade or so.

Eric

Congrats A's.. Aren't you glad you stuck around for another World Series championship!!! LOL....

Don't worry Tony, if Cory gets tired of controls either the Rangers/Mariners I have expressed interest in taking on a second team to keep you busy!! Hahahaha...

Blue Jays have exported..

Man, I can't even argue with you too much, Tony. Five of the top six owners (based on all-time winning percentage) are in the AL. OAK (under Tony), TB, KC, TOR, CIN, TEX lead the pack. Seems like you guys are the same ones battling for the playoff spots each year.

Everyone should look back at that 2011 A's draft class - Aaron Martin, 1B Shan, and OF Bowers (in the 8th round!). Probably the single best draft class for a team all-time. Not to mention Heighway and SP Quintero in 2012. Must be nice to to come onto the scene in Oakland in 2013 ;) I think you should switch to Seattle GM to see if you can build it from scratch like the rest of us, lol! Hey, you were asking for it, right?

By the way, I blame the other BSL owners for contributing to the Royals dynasty. LAA traded him SP Clark, STL sent him both SP Flores and SP Castro, and TEX gave him SP Fletcher. Nice job by KC to have the prospects and guts to make those deals happen. Heath - keep trading those 5-star SPs to KC since I don't want to see them in the NL Central!

All joking aside though, kudos to Cory, Zach, Kendall, Chris, Tony, and James for putting together and maintaining stellar franchises over the last decade or so.

Eric

Uuuhhhhh, I'm sure Toronto can back me up on this but winning % does not = best team :) His 108 wins this season got him a 1st rd boot... no offense Kendall ;) since 2007 the NL and AL have been neck and neck in WS Champions with this yr's win by Oakland putting the AL up by one. Sooooo, yea stir that pot baby... we'll see you in Oct!! :)

#MarlinsWS2020

Uuuhhhhh, I'm sure Toronto can back me up on this but winning % does not = best team :) His 108 wins this season got him a 1st rd boot... no offense Kendall ;) since 2007 the NL and AL have been neck and neck in WS Champions with this yr's win by Oakland putting the AL up by one. Sooooo, yea stir that pot baby... we'll see you in Oct!! :)

#MarlinsWS2020

Totally agree with you... I look more at the Tampa Bay Rays(Zach) has the best winning %(.591) since the BSL 2.0 began... With a record of 1246 - 861!!! They have not played in the World Series yet and have made the playoffs 9 seasons.. So it is all about the lucky of the draw and the screwy game generators that make you want to pull your hair out when you think you have the best team on paper!!! Don't feel bad Marlins, I lose back to back World Series to the Reds and thought that I had the better team both times.
No Offense Eric(Reds).. LOL!!!

Listen NL is bringing the championship back in 2020 season. I'm thinking it would be fun to have a brother vs brother World Series. What do you say Cory???? Lol my pitching couldn't get me to a little league world series:)

Eric

Heath is one of a handful of teams that will even talk trade with me. Usually I would veer away from making deals with him, but he 1: Is constantly rolling roster, so the talent is always something different (like a flea market!) and 2: I talk to him on the phone, which is much easier to wheel and deal (not to mention he never leaves me alone once I mention any sort of possible trade). I think about 4-5 other teams would trade with me, the rest either don't have what I am needing, or are afraid of trading with me it seems.

Eric, I cannot take credit for that draft class. It was Cory, and that is why I really, really, really would like to see new owners for both the Rangers and the Mariners ASAP.

Most of them were just best player available, the higher the draft pick, the easier it is to make:) I would love to have a top 10 pick as my Royals, but I keep getting 26-28 most years.

#MarlinsWS2020

I have learned that the ONLY goal is to MAKE the playoffs each year. Then a whole new season of completely random games occurs.

I blew away Augusto Ramirez is 2 games of a 3 game sweep, then I hung with Oakland in a 7 game ALCS. The box scores from that series were insane. Game 1 went 16 innings, game 7 went 11 innings.

Listen NL is bringing the championship back in 2020 season. I'm thinking it would be fun to have a brother vs brother World Series. What do you say Cory???? Lol my pitching couldn't get me to a little league world series:)

Nevergonnahappen. Even when you have a first place winning team, you blow it up just to satisfy your trading hunger.

I blew away Augusto Martinez in 2 games of a 3 game sweep, then I hung with Oakland in a 7 game ALCS. The box scores from that series were insane. Game 1 went 16 innings, game 7 went 11 innings.

Like I said, I had no interest in facing the Royals in the first round of the playoffs... For some reason, Your cold bats come alive against me and this season I thought I would pro-active and throw SP Martinez in the first 3 games hoping to win at least 1 game for some extra playoff revenue!! Didn't happen.... Let the trading frenzy begin!!!

I play to make the playoffs, then from there, roll the dice. I did want to start some of my younger players to see what they could do in September, but didn't really do it as I wanted to make sure I finished with the best record in the AL if I could, thus forcing Toronto to play KC and knock out a heavy weight (mission accomplished).

And hey abncal, this chatter is why I posted what I did. I love this stuff!!!!

White Sox had several tough decisions prompted by a payroll reduction for my ****** season...good news all-time winning percentage is .516 1004-940, only 1playoff appearance