BSL Update: 2019#23: Rule 5 draft time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The draft will be PM only, please send your lists to me via PM by Tuesday at noon central time. This is a very important tool for rebuilding teams, so have a look at the rule 5 pool in game and see if anyone can help your MLB roster this coming year!

The files are uploading now, website to follow.

IMPORTANT: I started simming and got to the Rule 5 draft, completely oblivious to the fact a few teams were unable to set protections. I then processed trades forgetting that all the players in minors would go to the Rule 5. SO, I had to manually assign Rule 5 protections to the best of my ability looking at age, roster space, etc for all teams, as well as 40-man all necessary players that were traded. There were a few teams up against the 40 man limits, so I did best I could. I apologize if there were any errors, but at this point in the sim, there is no way for me to backtrack where I am. There are no players at 3+ star potential in the Rule 5 pool.

IF you made a trade last sim, those players should already be assigned to your roster. If you signed a free agent, they should still be in DFA in most cases.

All confirmed trades were processed. Next sim will continue to the end of winter meetings, so make sure to get your free agent offers in when you export before Noon Tuesday as well.

Cory

It was a crushing blow losing Rhodes, but life goes on. At least we can hopefully infuse the system a little after some major hits to several of my previous 1st round picks.

Blue Jays have exported.. Will not be participating in Rule 5 draft since my 40 man roster is now full..

RF Ken Chapman(Rule 5) was just traded to the Phillies last sim and probably should have been protected.

Blue Jays have exported.. Will not be participating in Rule 5 draft since my 40 man roster is now full..

RF Ken Chapman(Rule 5) was just traded to the Phillies last sim and probably should have been protected.

Missed him, i will exclude him from selection

It was a crushing blow losing Rhodes, but life goes on. At least we can hopefully infuse the system a little after some major hits to several of my previous 1st round picks.

I couldnt believe you let him walk, but that is small market ball. Texas is hoping he gives oakland headaches for a few years

Yankees have exported. May not be able to export the rest of the week as my grandfather passed away yesterday evening and will be with family the remainder of the week.

Steph

Yankees have exported. May not be able to export the rest of the week as my grandfather passed away yesterday evening and will be with family the remainder of the week.

Steph

Steph,

I hate to hear your news. I will definitely keep your family in my prayers.

Dewayne

White Sox exported...wow that didn't go so well Fransico (as well as all others)accepts arbitration and gets $17 mil and the White Sox has serious financial issues.

We will not participate in Rule 5 draft

Oakland wanted him and offered him $96M over 6 years, but we didn't get a sniff (can be expected when offered $136M over 7 years). Was hoping to pair him up with the aging Aaron Martin and have a good 1-2 punch. Guess he wanted to be the ace of the staff and stinkin Cory had to go and sign him for me to complete with in the division....UGH. Oh well, we will just have to rough him up for the next 6 years and make him regret it! And, with the forgiveness of the loss of the Texas draft pick, which was to be forfeited, the signing didn't really cost the team too much.

On the flip side, Texas should be a team that is easy to find an owner for. If their debt has been completely forgiven, with the infusion of cash, even with the signing of Rhodes, there is $54M left yet in the budget for signing players based on budget vs current salaries and $25M cash on hand. Pretty lucrative team really.
I couldnt believe you let him walk, but that is small market ball. Texas is hoping he gives oakland headaches for a few years

Last edited:

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online