BSL Update: 2020#3: Preseason Midpoint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
League Files are up. No website this sim.

Free Agents are starting to dwindle down, should be some major competition for a few remaining big fish.

Last chance this sim to adjust your player development budgets for the season.

Mike (texas) has been sent instructions for setup, so next sim will be delayed until I received a valid export from him. Export deadline for all other teams will be Thursday at noon central.

If the player message issues from last sim persist, please post. I have researched and been unable to locate any reasons why the game did it. I did see offers in game from almost all teams before the sim, so they are getting through.

Cory

Since website is not updating.. Here are the FA signings..

Los Angeles Dodgers: Signed free agent 3B Marvin Duncan to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,800,000.
Detroit Tigers: Signed free agent SS Starlin Castro to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,400,000.
Tampa Bay Rays: Signed free agent MR Jorge Martínez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,250,000.
Los Angeles Dodgers: Signed free agent RF Jon Cook to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,100,000.
Atlanta Braves: Signed free agent MR Jonathan Broxton to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,000,000.
Seattle Mariners: Signed free agent MR Bobby Jenks to a 2-year contract worth a total of $9,000,000.
Atlanta Braves: Signed free agent SP Jair Jurrjens to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,600,000.
Chicago Cubs: Signed free agent 2B Danny Richar to a 1-year contract worth a total of $6,500,000.
Arizona Diamondbacks: Signed free agent MR Hugh Nelson to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,000,000.
Atlanta Braves: Signed free agent MR Jonny Venters to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,036,800.
Atlanta Braves: Signed free agent MR Kanekoa Texeira to a 1-year contract worth a total of $777,600.
Arizona Diamondbacks: Signed free agent MR Bob Long to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,000,000.
Arizona Diamondbacks: Signed free agent SP Marc Rzepczynski to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,250,000.
Atlanta Braves: Signed free agent C Buster Posey to a 1-year contract worth a total of $5,500,000.
Atlanta Braves: Signed free agent MR Justin Masterson to a 1-year contract worth a total of $993,600.
Arizona Diamondbacks: Signed free agent SP Chris Duncan to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,000,000.
Kansas City Royals: Signed free agent SS Mitsukuni Kichida to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,200,000.
Los Angeles Dodgers: Signed free agent SP Casey Stewart to a minor league contract.
St. Louis Cardinals: Signed free agent CF Greg Halman to a minor league contract.
Los Angeles Dodgers: Signed free agent 1B Ramón Sierra to a minor league contract.
Los Angeles Dodgers: Signed free agent 1B Pepe Ramírez to a minor league contract.
Los Angeles Dodgers: Signed free agent RF William Conner to a minor league contract.
Arizona Diamondbacks: Signed free agent C James Stout to a minor league contract.
Los Angeles Dodgers: Signed free agent MR Norm Burnett to a minor league contract.
Los Angeles Dodgers: Signed free agent C Tracy Taylor to a minor league contract.
Los Angeles Dodgers: Signed free agent MR Michael Hargrove to a minor league contract.

Dang Cory got the SS I wanted!!!! Oh well Detroit got Wyatt;) guess we are fair!!! Made some trades to drop some salary and immediate impact! Hope it doesn't throw the white flag but excited for Combs/Cummings/Dunn/W.Guttirez and future of the team can't wait for the rookie draft to add more talent have so many bums in my minors.

Bummer - Bobby Jenks signed in Seattle. I made an offer and was hoping to have him back for his 14th season with the Reds. He was my 8th round pick in the original draft and he was a rock in my bullpen every year. The fans in Cincy really liked him - all 270 lbs!

Eric

Arizona exported.

Finally got some guys to sign but they were all one or two star guys.

Cory - Everything looked good this sim.

Ron

Cory,

Just to let you know. I just got off the phone with Mike and he tried to download the file you said to download and he received an error. He said it was only half way done after 3 hours. I told Mike something must have been wrong because it shouldn't take that long. I know it is a big file but not that big.

He will try again tonight if he has time but he has family coming in from out of town here starting tonight so he may not have much time. He doesn't want to hold things up for everyone else.

Ron

I see Posey decided he liked Atlanta better than Detroit.

Tigers have exported and made a couple of offers, let's see if we can make a bigger splash other than a Starlin Castro:)

Cory,

Just to let you know. I just got off the phone with Mike and he tried to download the file you said to download and he received an error. He said it was only half way done after 3 hours. I told Mike something must have been wrong because it shouldn't take that long. I know it is a big file but not that big.

He will try again tonight if he has time but he has family coming in from out of town here starting tonight so he may not have much time. He doesn't want to hold things up for everyone else.

Ron

The initial zip file is something like 774MB now, it is gigantic. The folder is necessary to start up. If it fails again, I will try to re-upload it, although it does take quite a while to do so.