BSL Update: 2020#6: End of Spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron

I hope we sweep you this season. I do want a winning season but not expecting it but trying to stay positive.

Dennis

Dennis,

I am always trying to win but I was frustrated with not being able to sign ANY of the big free agents this past off season. I even offered more than they wanted but they signed for less to go elsewhere. I am not going to sign a bunch of type A guys to maybe make my team 10-15 wins better for one season and spend all my money on them. Most of them are 35+ years old and on the decline. I will save my money until next years free agent class and hope to get a stud draft player at #1 this upcoming draft. My farm system is strong and I hope to contend in a few years if all goes well.

Ron

Dennis,

I am always trying to win but I was frustrated with not being able to sign ANY of the big free agents this past off season. I even offered more than they wanted but they signed for less to go elsewhere. I am not going to sign a bunch of type A guys to maybe make my team 10-15 wins better for one season and spend all my money on them. Most of them are 35+ years old and on the decline. I will save my money until next years free agent class and hope to get a stud draft player at #1 this upcoming draft. My farm system is strong and I hope to contend in a few years if all goes well.

Ron

Good plan Ron. Most people dont have the patience to develop through the draft. It will pay off

Good plan Ron. Most people dont have the patience to develop through the draft. It will pay off

I don't want people thinking I am trying to lose on purpose. I would never do that. I tried to sign about 8 players this off season but didn't get a one of them. :( I do want to have a winning team and have had one in the past. I will keep my young talent in the minors until they have reached they potential. I don't want to bring them up early and have them struggle and cause them to mess up their career possibility. I am looking at the big picture down the road.

2025 - Arizona Diamondbacks - World Series Champions!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to dream.

Ron

PS. - Thanks for trying to help by buddy Mike out getting started. I know it has been a pain for you and Kendall. Let's hope OOTP support can figure it out.

Developing a good farm system is the key, but making a couple trades will help bring in new talent and move players that are not happy in their current situations.. I have seen a lot of good prospects that get drafted loss their talents because they are left in the minor leagues being ANGRY or get brought up to the Majors leagues to early and burn out in 3 seasons.. So don't be afraid to make a trade with another team, Heath doesn't, and look at how he turned his team budget from $42M to now $81M. Kudos to him!! Or the A's, Tony has a $147M budget and is running his team with only $60M in salary plus winning 3 of the last 5 World Series.. So it is not always about how much money you spend, sometimes it is just about the luck of the draw.

Burning cheap service time in the majors is the #1 cause of teams not getting any better. If he has 5 star potential, he shpuld be 3.5-4 actual before being called up. Why spend 432k on a developing 1.5 star actual if you can wAit two seasons and spend 432 three years in a row of a stud

Ron, I went after a ton of free agents this year and only managed to snag two of them. At least one guy took the same money to go to a different team so don't feel bad:)

OOTP Tech support sent me an email this a.m. I replied I am available tonight or tomorrow evening for their assistance. Hope to hear something soon. Thanks for the patience. Thanks to Cory for setting it up.