BSL Update 2021#11: Rookie Draft Complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
File is uploading now. Website hopefully will follow.

We had 2 owners show up for draft, and I was unable to connect to Stephj. I had about 6 lists, so I am very disappointed that only about 1/3 of the league can take the time to come up with a list for the damn first round at least. CPU picks are easy, but come on people. Do we really want an all-cpu draft?

You need to verify that your MLB/AAA/AA are at or under the limits of 25/25/35 THIS SIM. You will more than likely be cutting or waiving some players, and most teams are pretty full these days.

Export deadline is Tuesday at noon central time.

Cory

Are you kidding that only 9 teams including yourself did the draft.. Come on guys, show some interest in your future players!!

I work evenings so anytime during the evenings unless it is Thursday or Friday (my days off) I can't do it live. I also don't have Skype or use it. So if we have the draft on Skype, I will never be able to attend. I liked it better when we used the BSL Chat on the "The Bench".

Just some of my 2 cents....

I work evenings so anytime during the evenings unless it is Thursday or Friday (my days off) I can't do it live. I also don't have Skype or use it. So if we have the draft on Skype, I will never be able to attend. I liked it better when we used the BSL Chat on the "The Bench".

Just some of my 2 cents....

The BSL chat is delayed. it worked great in the old chat room, but the new applet chat room the posts and responses have a delay where it isn't possible to do a 'live' event. Skype is a free download. I don't like it, but that is what a lot of people wanted to do back awhile ago. I think next year we will go exclusively list-based draft like the Rule 5 has become. We will see when we get there.

Yankees exported. Sorry Cory, I waited 15 minutes and didn't hear anything. I did send a list earlier in the afternoon though.

Steph

Philly was unable to attend draft but did send a list. Didn't help much as I didn't get anyone that will do me any good down the line. Exported and all rosters at proper levels.

Expected to be at the draft but ended up being stuck at work until 11PM this evening, should've had a list as a back-up looking back.

I normally attend, but I didn't have a supp or 2nd round pick so I didn't really have much to do after my first pick. Glad I got a good looking SP - now hoping he can develop quickly! Reds need to rally here, but it's looking more and more like I might be doing some more rebuilding...

Eric

Same here I normally attend however I had to work a double not by choice but by contract. Some people have REAL life issues like work or family don't know why others couldn't make it.

Arizona exported.

Another thing I would like to discuss is the Supp. picks. I feel we need to limit or remove that part of the draft. It makes all second round picks now third round picks as we have so many Supp. picks.

I also lost my second round picks due to the fact that I signed a Type A Free Agent (Which I will NEVER do again) so by the time I would have picked in the third round, I am sure the only players left would be two star players at best.

I am not looking to cause any problems as I just do this for fun. Just throwing some things out to everyone. It would really be nice if we could find some more owners but I know we have been trying to do that for some time.

Arizona exported.

Another thing I would like to discuss is the Supp. picks. I feel we need to limit or remove that part of the draft. It makes all second round picks now third round picks as we have so many Supp. picks.

I also lost my second round picks due to the fact that I signed a Type A Free Agent (Which I will NEVER do again) so by the time I would have picked in the third round, I am sure the only players left would be two star players at best.

I am not looking to cause any problems as I just do this for fun. Just throwing some things out to everyone. It would really be nice if we could find some more owners but I know we have been trying to do that for some time.

Ron, you can look at the bright side atleast you didn't lose your 1st round pick like a lot of teams have in the past by signing type A's

Ron, you can look at the bright side atleast you didn't lose your 1st round pick like a lot of teams have in the past by signing type A's

I would NEVER sign a Type A guy that would cost me a first round pick. I have been burned about five times with Type A guys as they have been "Terrible" once I signed them and that is just for a second (more like third) round pick.

i am in the same boat as Eric. I had the 17th pick in the first round and no supplemental, so by the time it came to my second pick it really didn't matter to me. I did make a list but it was irrelevant. I am fine with Skype or any way you want to do it. I am not as into my team as I was in BSL1 but still enjoy it. Maybe one day I will have a competitive team - I don't care if I necessarily win. It looks to be on the up slope after years of mediocrity.

exported.

The only situation that really gets at me is the first rounders. When you subtract the early drafted people, teams drafting at the back could shoot a 15 player list and have it covered

Arizona exported.

Another thing I would like to discuss is the Supp. picks. I feel we need to limit or remove that part of the draft. It makes all second round picks now third round picks as we have so many Supp. picks

That has been topic of many discussions.. Doing away with the Sup.Picks would probably helps the smaller market teams get better prospects, but leaves the big FA players to be signed with no compensation for losing them.

I do agree with doing away with the Sup.picks. This way the #1 pick would get the #29 pick, and #57.. Guaranteed a 5 star, 3 1/2 star, and maybe a 1 1/2 star prospect...

Texas exported.

I just talked to Mike and he is hoping to get back up and running in the next few weeks. His computer is fixed. He is swamped with work and three kids (doing college visits) he announces High School Football games for his kids High School football team (Midview - OH) who is 9-0 and going to the Playoffs after this Friday.

The thing he might need help with is getting the update put on his computer again. He will let us know.

Even on my ****** seasons I'm 110% into it. It doesn't always translate the way I want but its still fun to me of course I have no social life these days other then family and theg lol. IIt'd the way I like it though simple. I hate the supplementle picks but at the same time think they at times make the big market teams shy away and give lower market teams get a chance to sign a guy without having to literally use half there payroll to outbid a Cory or Kendall ect

I had internet issues 2 weeks leading up to the draft so I was unable to participate in the draft.