BSL Update 2021#5: Opening Day time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
File is uploading now. Hopefully get the website updated tonight.

ALL teams need to export and get their active MLB rosters down to 25. There will be a LOT of players on waivers next sim!

All teams need to review finances, better to be ahead of the curve than behind it. Feel free to PM me if you want team specific advice.

Gerald Badger (Type A) from my Royals was signed by Cleveland. There was a glitch due to an error in the game, and the draft order does not reflect the loss of draft pick for Cleveland. As such, the 2nd rounder for Cleveland (3rd overall in 2nd round) will be drafted by me and assigned to my roster. I will not have the extra sandwich pick I should get because there is no way to add a selection during the draft.

Cory

Can someone help me. I always seem to have trouble getting my roster down to 25 guys. I have a bunch of guys that our out of options so they can't be put in the minors. How do I get them off my roster? Do I put them on waivers or designate them for assignment? If I put them on waivers, they still show up on my 25 man roster.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ron

Looks like I have to put them on waivers first and then designate them for assignment.

Is that correct?

Ron

Yes, anyone that is out of options has to clear waivers to be assigned to minors. You put them on waivers, then designate for assignment, then if they clear, you can try to assign to minors (most will accept assignment, some old vets will refuse where you have to keep them in MLB or cut them outright and pay off contract) This time of year can be some tough decisions for some teams, especially those with stacked talent.

Cards exported sad that Badger didn't sign with me but happy for Dennis should help him out for sure. Ready to play ball a rough spring training. Unsure about what to expect but sure looking forward to my 1st round pick in rookie draft

Yes, anyone that is out of options has to clear waivers to be assigned to minors. You put them on waivers, then designate for assignment, then if they clear, you can try to assign to minors (most will accept assignment, some old vets will refuse where you have to keep them in MLB or cut them outright and pay off contract) This time of year can be some tough decisions for some teams, especially those with stacked talent.

Thanks Cory.

Ron

Cards exported sad that Badger didn't sign with me but happy for Dennis should help him out for sure. Ready to play ball a rough spring training. Unsure about what to expect but sure looking forward to my 1st round pick in rookie draft

I hopehe pits fans in the seats, wins on the board and maybe a .500 season.

Dennis