BSL Update 2021#7 : Sim and a Rule Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
File is uploading shortly. Sorry for delay. ROYALSWORLDSERIES!

Website should follow.

Next export deadline is Saturday at noon central.

RULE CHANGE: (effective immediately) Players signed to an extension by a team may not be traded in that league year. The league year runs from the day after the World Series to the following World Series. This is essentially the "Heath" rule, but it is outrageously unrealistic and will no longer occur.

Hey its no different then signing a type A free agent and trading them right away. I say if that's the rule it should apply to at least the type A signings.

I do think it is a fair rule, but I do feel that it should not go into effect until after this season has played out. It can/could potentially penalize some teams. Not that it is abused by most, but I just think it might handcuff some people that a midstream rule change like this could. Just my thoughts.

And I had said the same thing Heath has for some time, about teams who sign free agents during the offseason only to trade them a sim or two later. That is pretty jacked up really. But I brought it up before, and I was told that it was ok. But that is more unrealistic than the trading of a player that signed an extension.

I do think it is a fair rule, but I do feel that it should not go into effect until after this season has played out. It can/could potentially penalize some teams. Not that it is abused by most, but I just think it might handcuff some people that a midstream rule change like this could. Just my thoughts.

And I had said the same thing Heath has for some time, about teams who sign free agents during the offseason only to trade them a sim or two later. That is pretty jacked up really. But I brought it up before, and I was told that it was ok. But that is more unrealistic than the trading of a player that signed an extension.

It is a balance of realism/fairness/time/enforcement capability. I will look into further stuff, but at this point, it will stand as-is, with the above rule in effect.

I just want to know how the Minnesota Twins(minus SP Sharp) is in first place in the AL Central... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go figure.. Trade away a top 5 BSL SP and play better than having him..

Detroit has exported.

A few interesting stats--Tigers have played 18 games on the road so far and only 3 at home. To walk away with a winning record during that stretch is great since I will have a lot of home cooking coming up:) Tigers have only made 5 errors total so far!

Oakland is struggling to find itself. Our pitching has vanished, and we are tied for giving up the most homeruns in the league, and offensively, we are 2 teams away from being the team with the least home runs. Not just for the American League on those stats, but for the entire BSL. Bowers is struggling, Heighway is out, Campos is out......might be a fire sale in Oakland later this year. Been a long time since that has happened. Oh well, all good things must come to an end.

I just want to know how the Minnesota Twins(minus SP Sharp) is in first place in the AL Central... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go figure.. Trade away a top 5 BSL SP and play better than having him..

Its still early... but its like have an idea of what I want to do or something, eh? :) I'll take a team of solids players over one or two superstars and a handful of putzes!

Dodgers exported.. nice turn around. I hope the trend continues! Still looking to make a couple moves. Hit me up if you see anything.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2