BSL Update 2022#22 - World Series Champs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Game Seven was a barn burner between Rob Clark and Kevin Sharp. Both had bettered the other in a previous World Series game. After 8 pristine innings from each starter, the game was tied 1-1 going into the bottom of the 9th inning.

Bottom of the 9th - Kansas City Royals batting - Pitching for Milwaukee Brewers : RHP Kevin Sharp
Pitching: LHP John Moss
Batting: LHB Ted DeWitt 0-0: Swinging Strike
0-1: Ball
1-1: Swinging Strike
1-2: Ball
2-2: Ball
3-2: SINGLE (Line Drive, 5D)
Batting: RHB John Thompson 0-0: 2-RUN HOME RUN (Flyball, 7D), Distance : 357 ft
Game Over ... Kansas City defeats Milwaukee, 3 to 1

File is uploading now. Export deadline will be Friday at noon central.

REMINDER, make sure to exercise/decline team options THIS SIM. You also need to adjust arbitration figures and non-tender any players as well.

Cory

Wow, what a series! Congratulations, Cory. Great season for both teams, but I think this year's Royals team has to be considered the best of all time, right?

Eric

Last edited:
Congratulations. The better team won!

Chris

I was sweating it through the entire playoffs. Clark took 2 losses in the playoffs and had 4 all season. I've learned having a good or 'better' team doesn't mean a damn thing in the playoffs. You just want to get there and get lucky. Losing Rafael Dominguez in the ALCS---I thought---was a harbinger of bad things to come. Luckily, I pulled it off with a few replacement level guys in the lineup due to injury. Sharp is and will remain one of the best pitchers in the league for many, many years. Clark is relatively old in comparison at 31. Sharp is what, 26 now? Crazy. Clark won his first Cy Young at 29, looks like he will have his 3rd straight this year.

Wow, what a series! Congratulations, Cory. Great season for both teams, but I think this year's Royals team has to be considered the best of all time, right?

Eric

I would have to think so, only because they destroyed the single season win record by 13 wins. Winning the championship is just luck. 2 of 3 in 13 tries over 15 seasons shows that. I wonder what would have happened if Kyle Collins (stud young LF) and Kyle Marks (OF acquired at deadline) were healthy instead of the replacement level guys starting instead.

Have no fear league. The money is and will always catch up. Young guys are great until you have to pay them. There will be much salary turmoil in a year or two.

Congrats to the Royals for winning the WS and to the Brewers for putting up a heck of a fight:)

Congrats to the Heath aided Royals and Brewers lol

+1... LOL... Congrats Royals!! I knew that it would be close series..

Blue Jays have exported..
Salary Arbitration set..
Happy that my owner rewarded me with another big budget increase.

Last edited:
Cards exported!!! Cory I listed my off season trades so you can process them 1 per sim. I'm done trading until the 4 trades I made eventually clear. Just to make it easier on everyone. Btw Carlos Santana is a free agent declined his option and wants 22 mil over 5 right now to resign to rich for me. With no cash I have to operaylte extremely cheap this season.

Congrats....

Mets/O's exported.

I think I'm going to stop the trade stuff. Really tired of teams complaining bout no funds when I offer prospects. Also tired of hours of texting to only lose a player to some other team.

If a team wants something from me send me a offer. Other then that I'm going silent for the season.