BSL Update 2022#25 - Rule 5 draft now + important news

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
File is uploading now. No website this sim.

THERE IS NO NEED TO EXPORT THIS SIM! I will NOT be importing any teams. I will input draft picks and then run a sim.

The Rule 5 draft will take place offline over PM. Just send a simple list of who you want, in what order you want, and how many you want. Remember, they must stay on your MLB roster all year unless traded or released, you can't demote them to minors this year.

NO NEED TO PM ME SAYING YOU ARE NOT SELECTING A PLAYER, just send a PM with your TEAM NAME and RULE 5 in the title IF you are wanting a player. Otherwise, it gets hard to track messages.

Export deadline for Rule 5 PM lists is Thursday at noon central time.

In other news,

I have been thinking long and hard about the amount of time and effort I am currently and have previously put into the BSL in general. In December, we had our 4th anniversary as an online league. With two growing boys, a full time job, and other things vying for my free time, I have decided that it is in the best interest for the torch to be passed on. When Nick stepped down and I temporarily took over, I wasn't planning on doing this again long term.

I am in the process of slowly teaching Heath how to run the simulations. It will be a trial and error process, but I think he is capable in the long term of getting things down. I will still be around in an advisory role, and I will---at least temporarily---hold the commissioner title. The biggest change will be the person actually running the simulation, setting deadlines, entering the trades, dealing with roster issues/exports/etc.

It has burnt me out, to be honest. I love the league. I don't want it to go away. I just need to find a path to step back without blowing things up. I may very well ask for others to take on some roles in the league as well. I would prefer if things were a bit more democratic, but also avoid the bureaucracy and time that comes along with voting on everything, etc. It has never been my intention to rule this thing with an iron fist, but to be honest, it has served us well for the most part the last 6-7 sim years have went off without too many issues.

The timetable for a complete handover will probably be toward the end of the 2023 season. I will continually reassess the changes as they are implemented.

Cory

I will do my best im sure there will be some sticking points so hopefully you are still able to help me on the technical side of things like exports, uploads ect. I am sure I can learn most of it but im not computer savy at all as you know. I also know Kendall would be more then happy to help with the transition.

Last edited:
You've done a hell of a job with the league Cory and I hope you know we all appreciate your efforts very much! If there is anything I can do to help out just let me know.

Much appreciated Cory. I applaud the amount of time and effort you put into this with everything else going on. Heath may even trade his position as commissioner for a good SP somewhere down the road.

Thanks Cory, cant tell you how much I appreciate the diversion this league gives me. I dont know how you manage to put so much time into this actually. I am sure Heath will be fine with everyones support. I would be happy to help out in any way possible. Not the most computer savvy guy around but I do spend a lot of time on the site.

Thank you for all your time and effort, Cory. Your reasons are completely admirable and your priorities are in the right place. I am certain Heath will be an excellent person to take over the running of the sims, etc. I am also happy to help in any way be it technical or advisory.

Steph

Whew, for a second there, I thought I was going to be reading about the league closing up shop! Glad to hear that Heath will be able to help out and keep it going. Thanks for getting this all started and for keeping it going through the years, Cory. It really is a great game! I'm happy to help with the league if there's anything else needed. Soon we can all stalk Heath to see when he is on-line and ready to process/post a SIM update!

Eric

I have to talk to Cory and figure some things out but going to see about me and Kendall both being co commishoners. If two of us are set up to be able to sim and as much as we text each other it would be easy to communicate back and fourth. Plus that takes the burden off one person and should keep the league moving at a fair pace. Me and Kendall have already bounced some ideas of one another the goal is to keep this fun league alive while letting Cory take a backseat. I am sure I will need help along the way and I appreciate all the offers for help I'm sure Cory won't wioe his hands completely clean as he better help me. I'm just glad I'm confident it will be a smooth transition with all the help. I may have to back off trading to focus on learning this beast(let's not get carried away). I'm not sure on Corys thought but I think Co Commishoners may be the best way to go forward aslong as there is steady communication on deadlines and who's running the ect I see that being better not to burn out because I do work 7 days a week and only have one day off a month.

You forgot to mention that you have a family and a new little one that takes time!!!!

Thank you Cory for bringing us all into the fun world of simulation baseball.. Looking forward, I will be more than happy to help Heath and Co-Commissioner with him if Cory feels that it would be more beneficial for the league to keep moving forward.
Thanks, Kendall

... I may have to back off trading to focus on learning this beast...

Ok, you had me there for a sec, but Heath backing off trading, now I know you guys are all kidding! Good one guys, really had me going... and it's not even Apr 1st!

All seriousness aside, thanks Cory for the time and energy you've put in to this... and Heath, well it's good Kendall has offered to help ;) j/k, appreciate both of you stepping up to the plate to keep things going!

It's like you read the first post but just don't get it--he's busy man!:)

Yeah cataloging his Jerry Rice collection all day and "taking care of stuff" on his days off really has him swamped!!! Not doubting he is busy with other stuff then BSL but I do believe he's a bit dramatic about his time restraints he sure finds more time for most his hobbies then I ever phatham. Its ok I'm willing to step up to best of my ability. I figured me entering trades would help but sounds like he's ready to step away to a normal owner role sooner then later.

Yeah cataloging his Jerry Rice collection all day and "taking care of stuff" on his days off really has him swamped!!! Not doubting he is busy with other stuff then BSL but I do believe he's a bit dramatic about his time restraints he sure finds more time for most his hobbies then I ever phatham. Its ok I'm willing to step up to best of my ability. I figured me entering trades would help but sounds like he's ready to step away to a normal owner role sooner then later.

Quit poking the bear:)

I am making my own league in ootp game tonight to try and run some practice sims and get more familiar with the game & will help Cory yommorow with sim

That's a start. I never said I was just up and leaving. It took Nick a good year or two to get things under control, so I expect at least a season, even doing it in person with me.