BSL Update: 2023#21 - Championship / End of League Year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
File is up, webpage uploading now.

ALL teams need to review any team options and respond to them on the in-game e-mail. Also, review and adjust arbitration offers/non-tenders(withdraw) This sim is the only chance you will have to adjust as we will sim through the arbitration hearings.

New budgets have been awarded for the year, plus rev sharing, marketing for year, etc. Remember, marketing was reduced around 3 mil per franchise this year.

Trading is NOT open yet. There will be a strict trade-posting guideline this year which I will update in a thread soon.

Export deadline will be Friday at noon central time.

Cory

Wednesday, November 1st, 2023
Los Angeles Dodgers: MR Kris Medlen has executed his last optional contract year.
Los Angeles Dodgers: MR Kris Medlen retires.

Well, ESPN had fun with that one.

retirements all around... nothing major though was going to release their options anyway...

Congrats to the Royals!

Marlins/ Twins exported!

Yay, my market size increased to "Below Average!" Here is looking forward to a good offseason

Considering those are sequential steps that take anywhere from 2-7 years to get, that is a win! It instantly bumps you up to the next media deal and helps attendance draw a tad.

Congrats to the Royals...

Blue Jays have exported..

Owner feeling very generous.. Increased team budget to $157M!!

Congrats, Cory!

I'm upset with my Reds owner. I made over $20 million for him last year and made the playoffs and he gave me a budget freeze?! Come on, man! Getting tougher to compete with those big budget teams.

Eric

Seems like half my team decided to retire all at once. No big deal as I was not going to pick up options anyway. Probably has something to do with the way the team is playing. I might have retired also. Next year we'll just go on auto-pilot and see what happens. Oh wait, I've been doing that for a couple of years now.

Medlens a jerk. But I needed the cash space anyways.. Dodgers exported.. Here's to a rough off season and a mediocre upcoming season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cory, how will we know if players will be deemed Type A free agents or not? Is there a way we can know with enough time to make decisions as to if we want to let them walk or pony up?

I will make a post of the Type A qualified players. It will be after free agents file when I have the final list to work with, so there will be no negotiations at that point as far as team-rights aside from bidding as a normal free agent. Obviously resigning a player will not cost you compensation nor earn you any.

I would plan on a select few qualifying for the mark. I have to run the formulas once I have a list of eligible players.