BSL Update: Arb Hearings Complete - Free Agency is open! Trading is Open!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Kind of in the same boat, 26 Million Under Budget, 3 Roster spots to fill (2 of which will be Minor leaguers coming up) NEed 1 Utility guy, have someone in the minors but I may hunt down a cheaper FA that has better stats!

I have 2B Blum that except FA offer rather than play the market.
He is signed for $700,000. Let me know..

To no surprise whatsoever both Cunningham and Higgins refused arbitration and opted for free agency and both want 23 million plus a season for 5 years

Do you know how much money that saved you? You also get compensation for each player if they sign with another team. It's a win-win.

Guys and Gals - keep in mind the free agents almost always want to break the bank out of the gate. As time passes and they don't have a team, they will come down. If someone gets near what they will take, they will sign.

it's a game of cat and mouse against both the players and the other owners.

Looks like Curt Schilling (BAL) was the only FA-to-be that accepted his team's offer of arbitration.

Looks like Curt Schilling (BAL) was the only FA-to-be that accepted his team's offer of arbitration.

Blue J's got 2B Geoff Blum back instead of playing the market.. He is sitting in AAA now..

Blue J's downloaded, played in the FA market, and exported..

Very happy that Figgins and Hudson accepted the contracts I offered. By avoiding arb with them, I save 2+ mil in 2008. I'll have to make up for it later, but won't have Delgado's contract hanging over my head.

Made a few offers, but no room to go after the big guns. No overhaul for my team this year, but will have to compensate the fans somehow over the loss of I-Rod.

I am just going to sit back and let things settle down-Players are asking way to much in free agency once they realize that no one will meet there demands then they'll come down on what there asking for i hope someone signs Cunningham and Higgins so i can get some good draft picks and save some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.