BSL Update: Free Agency Begins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League File is ready.

In Game Date is 11/21/08

Start making offers to Free agents now.

The guy who was going to take over Seattle has not contacted me in a week so I am going to move to the next person on the list.

Tenative Export deadline for next sim is Thursday 5/31/12 at 2:00 PM central.

I may delay that based on what is going to happen with seattle.

That reminds me, can we negotiate extensions and offer arbitration at the same time to an impending free agent?

You can now offer extension all year long. This was changed when it didn't have to be done manually (BSL 2.0)

I find that players (on my team) changed demands during the coarse of the year.

That reminds me, can we negotiate extensions and offer arbitration at the same time to an impending free agent?

Anyone who was arb eligible is already a free agent for next year...the chance to extend them was up until today's sim.

But yes, any player on your team's roster can be extended as long as they are on the roster.

Anyone who was arb eligible is already a free agent for next year...the chance to extend them was up until today's sim.

But yes, any player on your team's roster can be extended as long as they are on the roster.

I remember you saying most of the time a player will ask for an extension. I never heard from one, so when I checked, he had a decent price listed, so I clicked to negotiate, and made an offer, but I figured if he counteroffered I'd lose the draft pick compensation by then, so I checked the offer arbitration box also, just in case.

I remember you saying most of the time a player will ask for an extension. I never heard from one, so when I checked, he had a decent price listed, so I clicked to negotiate, and made an offer, but I figured if he counteroffered I'd lose the draft pick compensation by then, so I checked the offer arbitration box also, just in case.

In most cases, if the player wants to stay he will ask for one. That doesn't mean he won't sign otherwise.

The offer arbitration box on a pending free agent actually allows him the option of choosing to have a 1-year deal assigned to him (different from year 3-4-5) arbitration. If you unselect the box and do not offer a pending fa arbitration, you are not eligible for the compensation picks if they are signed by another team.

The only time you don't want to offer arbitration to a pending FA is if you think they might actually take the arbtiration and get assigned a huge one year deal over choosing the free agent market. Usually older players with declining skill sets, etc.

Sweet 2 of 2 in Arbitration rulings.. Both players only getting $700,000 next season..

Let the spending spree begin!!!

Blue J's exported...

Last edited:
As long as you're not looking for a SP:)

I know... not many quality SPs out there at all. I had to let Lackey go since he wanted $17 million per year, over 8 years!!!

I just couldn't do it - curious how much he'll end up getting since SPs are in low supply.

Eric

Angels went 4 for 4 in there arbitration cases offered some FA contracts to fill some needs like SP and CF so we shall wait to see if any of them will accept

Angels downloaded and exported

Won't be able to see what happened til tomorrow morning. One thing I'd like to know--did Delgado become a free agent (like he should have) or did he accept arbitration?

Cleveland has exported. I got my FA offers in. I never had good luck with FA in the old BSL so hopefully it will change now. If anyone takes a look at my team you can probably see what I need.

I know... not many quality SPs out there at all. I had to let Lackey go since he wanted $17 million per year, over 8 years!!!

I just couldn't do it - curious how much he'll end up getting since SPs are in low supply.

Eric

I will not be going after Lackey.. Did that with Higgins last off season and ended up trading him at the trade deadline.. Someone will be willing to give up the money... I am betting on Heath!!

minnesota downloaded. just a quick question; why is a player on my active roster showing up as a free agent? sp jason schmidt is under contract with me for 3 more years but is showing up in the free agent list as an MR free agent and is a 3-star pitcher where he is only a 1-star sp! any ideas what is going on? plmk

thnx!

i figured it out myself!

there is another jason schmidt who is a middle reliever but is a lot younger and has been assigned the same photo in the bsl as the vet jason schmidt starter! mystery solved! thanks!

minnesota downloaded. just a quick question; why is a player on my active roster showing up as a free agent? sp jason schmidt is under contract with me for 3 more years but is showing up in the free agent list as an MR free agent and is a 3-star pitcher where he is only a 1-star sp! any ideas what is going on? plmk

thnx!

Type A free agent Ichiro decided to take my offer of arbitration, gets a $14m deal. I have money this year, so it just means top CF prospect Morris gets another year in AAA.

Back