BSL Update: Free Agency Round 2 - Rule 5 Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League file is ready.

Looks like I screwed up on the rule 5 draft again, I had it in my head that it was going to be 12/5/08 however it is 12/1/08.

The current game date is 12/1/08.

There is now no way for me to give you a final opportunity to protect rule 5 draft eligible players and export etc. because we are at the day of the draft. IF teams protect players and export I can import the exports, but that will leave us in the same situation as last year, where players who get protected this sim will not show on your draft lists because I cant do an updated league file of the same game date.

I apologize but this rule 5 draft is a pain in my butt.

Let me know your thoughts

also Seattle has a new owner, welcome Chargerboy to the league!

I'm fine with it as is, I think I got my big guns out of the way. If my players aren't protected yet, that's on me, not you. I had multiple chances already to protect them

The players listed on the Rule 5 draft pool with MLB contracts (Adam Jones, etc) are actually on DFA and will not be eligible to be picked.

I say you give everyone 24 hours to post in THIS THREAD any other players they would like to protect on the pool (assuming they have space available on the 40-man to add) You can have the draft scheduled after that point sometime, giving people a day or two to get lists in and plan for the live draft.

People have had PLENTY of warning numerous times, so I don't favor taking too long on extra protections.

Cory

I'm fine with it as is, I think I got my big guns out of the way. If my players aren't protected yet, that's on me, not you. I had multiple chances already to protect them

As someone with the third overall pick last year I had to go to 5 picks to find someone still available, it was frustrating since I should have only had to scout three to get my player. People have had their chance to place these somewhat valuable players on their 40 man roster the entire year and at the very least had open 40-man slots open since the end of arbitration. Many people are going to find they have need of any open spot anyway for their free agents as I'm sure we'll have more than one manager ask how they can take a guy off their 40-man roster and still keep him in the minors. I am more than happy to remind you next year to keep the game short of 12/1, but you shouldn't need to hold peoples' hands in a process they have gone through before and should be up to speed on or need to take the hit, like the negative cash balance franchises who we warned because it too happened before and yet they have to take the hit to learn the hard way to make it sink in.

Rule 5 Draft..

I post a thread reminder for everyone to get their players protect back on June 1.. The post had 34 views so at least half the league read and hopefully took the advice to get it done before todays sim..

Welcome Chargerboy!!! Enjoy our addiction and any questions, please feel free to ask..

I am downloading now and will export later... If I have players not protected, I will send you a message Nick..

I had anticipated one more sim before having to protect my eligible players. I do have 3 open spots on my 40 man, but have several offers pending. I was hoping to see if any signed first before making changes to the 40 man.

I won't be able to upload the latest sim until late tonight. Can anyone tell me if the Dodgers signed anyone? Also, was the one waiver claim successful? Once I know this, I can select which players I want to protect.

Thanks,
---Frank

I'm away for the week, but I made my moves before I left...just hope they actually were made.

I don't see myself picking up a rule 5 this year so I will not attend the draft.

I had anticipated one more sim before having to protect my eligible players. I do have 3 open spots on my 40 man, but have several offers pending. I was hoping to see if any signed first before making changes to the 40 man.

I won't be able to upload the latest sim until late tonight. Can anyone tell me if the Dodgers signed anyone? Also, was the one waiver claim successful? Once I know this, I can select which players I want to protect.

Thanks,
---Frank

Pretty slow sim, just 12 messages: a rule 5 draft notice, a general BSL batting leaders post, and 10 trades. No signings or claims that I saw

i say if some owners are not ready, too bad!

nick and all,

it is not fair that strings are pulled and teams get breaks about these rule-5 draft rules, warnings and reminders while teams like mine are not given a break with regards to the new team spending rules. i am going to lose a 1st round draft pick because i over-spent even though i am new and had no idea how to keep spending under control except doing what i did.

now, just because someone is not paying attention about the rule-5 draft they should not be given any special help to protect their players neither! is this not a bit unfair? is one set of rules and the penalties carried for breaking those rules, any more or less important than all others? are the rules not for all to abide by?

then i say we stick with what we have and go on with the draft the way things were planned and no more allowing team owners to email you on the day of the draft with names of players they want protected. what is on the draft board should stand and let's stop protecting absent owners on this when we don't on other rules! i had to pay a huge price for breaking a rule and others should have to pay the price as well, in other situations with other rules.

my 2-cents!

thanks

I post a thread reminder for everyone to get their players protect back on June 1.. The post had 34 views so at least half the league read and hopefully took the advice to get it done before todays sim..

Welcome Chargerboy!!! Enjoy our addiction and any questions, please feel free to ask..

I am downloading now and will export later... If I have players not protected, I will send you a message Nick..

Pretty slow sim, just 12 messages: a rule 5 draft notice, a general BSL batting leaders post, and 10 trades. No signings or claims that I saw

The signings in your mail will only show major, major signings...OR players you are dealing with.

FA signings this sim:

LAA - SP Lilly
OAk - SP Perez
SL - LF Jeffery
TOR - MR Mendez

Rest were minor league deals or existing player extensions.

The signings in your mail will only show major, major signings...OR players you are dealing with.

FA signings this sim:

LAA - SP Lilly
OAk - SP Perez
SL - LF Jeffery
TOR - MR Mendez

Rest were minor league deals or existing player extensions.

TOR also signing free agents MR Gonzales, C Colon

nick and all,

it is not fair that strings are pulled and teams get breaks about these rule-5 draft rules, warnings and reminders while teams like mine are not given a break with regards to the new team spending rules. i am going to lose a 1st round draft pick because i over-spent even though i am new and had no idea how to keep spending under control except doing what i did.

now, just because someone is not paying attention about the rule-5 draft they should not be given any special help to protect their players neither! is this not a bit unfair? is one set of rules and the penalties carried for breaking those rules, any more or less important than all others? are the rules not for all to abide by?

then i say we stick with what we have and go on with the draft the way things were planned and no more allowing team owners to email you on the day of the draft with names of players they want protected. what is on the draft board should stand and let's stop protecting absent owners on this when we don't on other rules! i had to pay a huge price for breaking a rule and others should have to pay the price as well, in other situations with other rules.

my 2-cents!

thanks

Have you been running the Twins for two years or one year?

Back