BSL Update: Free Agency Round 2 - Rule 5 Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

we just finished the 2nd year

the 2nd season just finished but, if you will recall, the rule about spending was just implemented after season 1. so, it is the first year of that rule.

thnx

Have you been running the Twins for two years or one year?

the 2nd season just finished but, if you will recall, the rule about spending was just implemented after season 1. so, it is the first year of that rule.

thnx

It may be the first year of that rule but the Rule 5 draft has only happened once before as well. I really must disagree with you saying "while teams like mine are not given a break with regards to the new team spending rules." Between having a full year to learn the system, all the posts and information available for all owners regarding their team and overspending (due to so many teams that did this in the old BSL) I feel you had more than enough information to avoid the second year problems.

I'm not saying Rule 5 problems should be helped along, I think everyone had more than enough time to get that stuff done, especially with the recent gaps between sims. I just disagree with you making it seem like you are brand new and nobody was helping you. Heck, you could even make a post, or send a Pm, to someone like Cory, James, Nick, myself or other BSL players and just ask for an honest evaluation of your team. Any vet would lay it on the line for you and give you tips on how to improve or to avoid penalties.

Not trying to start anything here I hope you understand, just politely disagreeing with some of your comments.

you may be right, my point is i am being a man and dealing with the consequences of my actions and everyone should. let's not now give all the owners who forgot about the rule 5 draft etc, a break at the last minute like last time. if you are not prepared, too bad. i agree with the other owner at the top of this post who said it was not fair to make him go through 5 picks to finally find one that was available because some owners did not follow the rules. i had the same experience because i was ready and did my homework. those who are prepared and ready should not be penalized by those who are not. maybe my equating this with the spending rules is not a good example but my point is the same anyway.

thanks for your imput!

I traded for some guys who I was not aware where rule 5 elgible until just now I have put them on my 40 man roster and exported I hope this is ok. I make alot of my trades on my phone and can't look in game to see if there rule 5 elgible so hopefully this is ok. Good luck to everyone

I see many valid points being made here. The Rule 5 draft last year was definitely a learning experience for all. I do agree it was frustrating for owners to name 4-5 players and see they where team protected.
I have also seen posts (Kendall) about the heads up and that should of taken care of the situation.
I'm only a team owner here with an opinion. Maybe a sticky time line with all major dates I.E Spring training, Rookie Draft roster expansion etc...
This may solve minor issues like these from happening as I'm sure Nick has enough on his plate and should not have to make sure every team is running there organization properly.

twins are ready and hopefully all is well with nick! thanks again nick for your service to us all. personally, i am always trying to make things easier for you and hope my efforts on this issue have not been in vain!

Back