BSL Update: Opening Day!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League File is ready

Game Date is 4/20/09

Export deadline for next sim is Thursday 7/5/12 (I will not have time to run a sim on the 4th)

A few teams had exported but were still over roster limit: Cleveland, Arizona, NY Mets I was forced to make a couple changes to your team. Atlanta didnt export so I had to send a couple guys down to get your active to 25

St Louis: I was forced to release 3 players from your team. at a cost of 5 Million to you.

From now on, if you dont want me to be forced to make changes to your team you need to contact me:

If you have a player in DFA with less than 15 days of time left in DFA, you need to tell me by the export deadline what you want done with that player. Especially if the player is a veteran or out of option years, because if they clear waivers they can still refuse a Minor league demotion, so If there isnt room on your active roster and 40 man roster for them I am forced to release them.

Last edited:
All is well here in Cincy, but a couple of injuries could start taking a toll on my W/L record soon.

Also, I released Brian Giles - he had 0 days left and was DFA. Took a little salary hit, but can't really use him. Hopefully that's all I needed to do since he was refusing a minor league demotion like you talked about.

Also, does anyone know the best approach for activating a guy from the DL that is due to come off mid-way through the SIM? If I activate him, he'll play the second half of the next SIM, but am I risking further injury by activating him before he's healed? Maybe I'm better off waiting until the following SIM and playing a week without a healthy star player? I feel like this was mentioned before - I just can't remember the recommendation. Thanks,

Eric

Angels went 9-4 for the sim going 4-3 at home and 5-1 on the road including a 3 game sweep of division rival Mariners..Angels currently have a .5 game lead on the Rangers.

Angels exported

All is well here in Cincy, but a couple of injuries could start taking a toll on my W/L record soon.

Also, I released Brian Giles - he had 0 days left and was DFA. Took a little salary hit, but can't really use him. Hopefully that's all I needed to do since he was refusing a minor league demotion like you talked about.

Also, does anyone know the best approach for activating a guy from the DL that is due to come off mid-way through the SIM? If I activate him, he'll play the second half of the next SIM, but am I risking further injury by activating him before he's healed? Maybe I'm better off waiting until the following SIM and playing a week without a healthy star player? I feel like this was mentioned before - I just can't remember the recommendation. Thanks,

Eric

You can go ahead and activate him. He will not play unless he is completely healed...however, any games played until he is healthy will go by the depth chart regarding who starts in his place.

Day-to-Day, however, is a different story. DTD players play at a lower rating, are more prone to injury, and tire easier. The computer usually does a good job of NOT playing DTD players unless they are the best option.

Thanks, Cory. I'll go ahead and get him activated - can't wait for him to get back in my lineup.

Yes, I just saw that DTD issue with my C Valdez. It shows he had a concussion and if he plays, he'll have a 20% performance loss. First time I noticed that - thanks.

Eric

Nick-

Mets are all mixed up. I click on a game to check stats and it shows me a game from 2 years ago with players I don't have on my team. Also clicked on another game and it showed me a score of
Royals 15 Twins 2 with Shields as the winning SP?

Also sent you a message about that Halliday issue.

Nick-

Mets are all mixed up. I click on a game to check stats and it shows me a game from 2 years ago with players I don't have on my team. Also clicked on another game and it showed me a score of
Royals 15 Twins 2 with Shields as the winning SP?

Also sent you a message about that Halliday issue.

Will fix the Halladay issue for sure, Not 100% sure about the game problems you are clicking on.

I am at home and the software is uploading the website so I cant do anything about it now.

I will have to go over it tomorrow when I am at work with the laptop

Last edited:
Sorry for the issue with my team(Arizona). Can I just release a player with out putting him on the waiver wire? I thought if he was on the waiver wire he would not count against my 25 man roster.

Ron

You can release a player without placing on waivers.

If you want a player on waivers and then off the active roster, You need to place the player on waivers, and then place the player in DFA. Its a temp fix but it works

Sorry about that, I could have swore I exported. I will make sure I do this time.

Who did I lose? I thought I had moved everyone off dfa's except the ones that had waiver time remaining?

Delgado, castillo, and an MR i cant remember the name of, All were on waivers with 1 day left, so unfortunately there was nothing you could have done other than not having had had them in DFA and just on waivers as they would have had to been on the active roster while they were on waivers. Since they all refused minor assignment, My only 2 options were release them, or make changes to your active roster, which I wasnt comfortable with

Braves exported, REALLY surprised to jump out to an early lead in the NL East. I thought this would be a rebuilding year at best. Some pleasant surprises so far from Rookies and lesser paid SPs.

Back