Bsl year-end cleanup - owner feedback needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Sorry for typing, on phone

First of year i will take sim over for one time to brush up unis/logos and do some back end work on verifying the schedule, etc

However, i have one proposal i need input on

I am thinking of going into fa pool and manually retiring any player that fits the following:

1. Must be 24 or older
AND
2. Not a rating over 50 in con/pow/eye
If player has a 50 or higher in any of those 3 he will stay in fa pool

OR
Player has none of the major 3 pitch ratings over 50

Keep in mind, a horrid 37 year old w 51 power woild stay. A 24 year old with 30's across the board would be retired

This will greatly clean up the fa pool of worthless players that shouldnt be there and speed up league file creatoon, fa pool loading times, etc

Thoughts?

If it helps clean up the system I'm all for it, those guys generally go unsigned and just sit there for years until they finally decide to hang it up.

If it helps clean up the system I'm all for it, those guys generally go unsigned and just sit there for years until they finally decide to hang it up.
Thats what i am thinking. It should speed up the website creation and upload just a tad, and it also allows for easier browsing of fa pool on website. No one that would be retired would be worthy of a roster spot and would e beyond development

Some of the 24-26 yr olds may have some upside if their talents have been increasing without playing for anyone. Not every team is running with full minor league rosters where those guys could be getting playing time... Just use your judgement on them or place them in teams not full!!!

Otherwise I am for the removal of the less talented players... Please RETIRE!!! RIP... LOL!!!!

Kendall

Some of the 24-26 yr olds may have some upside if their talents have been increasing without playing for anyone. Not every team is running with full minor league rosters where those guys could be getting playing time... Just use your judgement on them or place them in teams not full!!!

Otherwise I am for the removal of the less talented players... Please RETIRE!!! RIP... LOL!!!!

Kendall

I will exclude any players with obvious potential.

Also, now that I'm able to actually type, I would like to point out to David, Gene, and others that there isn't an option 1 and 2. There are two conditions that must be met to be retired

1. The player must be 24 or older.

AND

2. The player must not have an actual rating over 50 in any of the following: CON/POW/EYE (hitters)
OR
2a. The player must not have an actual rating over 50 in any of the following: STU/MOV/CON (pitchers)

Keep in mind, a single rating over 50 will save the player, so this will literally affect nothing but trash players.

On this, whatever you feel is best. Thank you for asking our input :)

Steph

I will exclude any players with obvious potential.

Also, now that I'm able to actually type, I would like to point out to David, Gene, and others that there isn't an option 1 and 2. There are two conditions that must be met to be retired

1. The player must be 24 or older.

AND

2. The player must not have an actual rating over 50 in any of the following: CON/POW/EYE (hitters)
OR
2a. The player must not have an actual rating over 50 in any of the following: STU/MOV/CON (pitchers)

Keep in mind, a single rating over 50 will save the player, so this will literally affect nothing but trash players.

Back to remedial reading for me.

Indians are fine with it. I went thru the FA list and it took quite a while to do so. The ones I was interested in it says the owner doesn't like this deal, what do you do there?

Dennis

Would you consider lowering the threshold a little for hitters? I'm just looking at the extreme case - I have Josh Kenney who is under 50 on all three but he has a nice role on my team as a pinch runner and defensive replacement. I know he wouldn't be affected since he's not a FA, but a guy like him might be. I'm also thinking about catchers. Yadier Molina and Matt Wieters are just a couple ticks away from being retired. If a C has great defense or can hit lefty, I could see a guy with all 48s having value on a team. Maybe lower the threshold to all three hitting categories under 44? Or, keep it at 50 but make sure guys also have no more that one star potential? I think the three guys I mentioned are all 2 star players.

Eric

Would you consider lowering the threshold a little for hitters? I'm just looking at the extreme case - I have Josh Kenney who is under 50 on all three but he has a nice role on my team as a pinch runner and defensive replacement. I know he wouldn't be affected since he's not a FA, but a guy like him might be. I'm also thinking about catchers. Yadier Molina and Matt Wieters are just a couple ticks away from being retired. If a C has great defense or can hit lefty, I could see a guy with all 48s having value on a team. Maybe lower the threshold to all three hitting categories under 44? Or, keep it at 50 but make sure guys also have no more that one star potential? I think the three guys I mentioned are all 2 star players.

Eric

I think that would fall into the "obvious potential" category Cory mentioned previously....

Marlins say clean away.... and while you're at it go ahead and retire Han Ram, i'll give you a hint, he's still sitting in the DL like he has been for the last 2 seasons :/

Eric

No one would be retired that could serve as a viable player. Definitely no one over a 1 star potential.

Cory,

Great idea, I think it would help sort through the free agents much easier. However it would make some teams work less & make fewer mistakes by signing some of these guys.

A guy like A. Linchini should be retired at this point correct?