Building simple website, www ????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plopowitz

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
UPDATE: I have since discovered another similar thread, located at the "General Talk" forum:
http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showthread.php?416569-Free-Web-Sites-What-are-you-using

Hi all!!

This is probably the first time I've ever posted on this thread. I hope that 2014 is off to a good start for all of you.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a good free website to create for my card lists. I only need for it to accommodate text. I am currently using "free webs", but have run into a problem. It seems that, lately, when I go from "view" mode to "edit", the text disappears from the sub-page!! I can't seem to figure out why, but I assume it has something to do with coding. Anyway, I have fortunately backed-up my files, so that I can copy and paste my lists from a Word document onto a new web page.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure how many hits this section of the forum gets, so I may duplicate this thread elsewhere, where appropriate.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

Pete

Last edited:
UPDATE: I have since discovered another similar thread, located at the "General Talk" forum:
http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showthread.php?416569-Free-Web-Sites-What-are-you-using

Hi all!!

This is probably the first time I've ever posted on this thread. I hope that 2014 is off to a good start for all of you.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a good free website to create for my card lists. I only need for it to accommodate text. I am currently using "free webs", but have run into a problem. It seems that, lately, when I go from "view" mode to "edit", the text disappears from the sub-page!! I can't seem to figure out why, but I assume it has something to do with coding. Anyway, I have fortunately backed-up my files, so that I can copy and paste my lists from a Word document onto a new web page.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure how many hits this section of the forum gets, so I may duplicate this thread elsewhere, where appropriate.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

Pete

I have been using freewebs for a long time and have gotten tired of it. To many issues. I have just started using https://sites.google.com/site for the same reason of just building text.
Still getting use to it but seem to work ok once you figure out how to navigate it.

Thanks!! Yeah, I think I'm off to a good start. I've already updated my sig and have transferred all inventory from free webs to google. I'm excited about this change. Free webs was all jacked up.
I appreciate your response.

Pete

Thanks!! Yeah, I think I'm off to a good start. I've already updated my sig and have transferred all inventory from free webs to google. I'm excited about this change. Free webs was all jacked up.
I appreciate your response.

Pete

Pete just looked at it and it looks good. It should be a lot easier to maintain.

Rich

Rich,

Cool! Thanks for checking it out for me!! I liked yours, which gave me the idea for the switch. Good luck !

Pete