Buying first Box of Football--NEED ADVICE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VistaViper

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Two friends and I are looking at buying 3 boxes to open together. We think we want to stay away from Upper Deck due to their use of those low-end Game Day Gear cards as memorabilia inserts. We are not sure about Topps. So, we were leaning toward Donruss. We are having difficulty deciding which product to buy: Classics, Elite, Gridiron, Thread, Absolute, Prestige ETC. Any recommendations or advice?

Thanks,
Jeff

If you like to see the players in pro uniforms, check out the sets beforehand. Some of them show the players in college uniforms like Prestige. Otherwise, all are nice products

That's a good point. I do like to see pro uniforms and now that you mention it I also like some HOF stuff included. Thanks!
I will tell you the best boxes I bought this year have to be donruss absolute I pulled a sanchez rpm auto and a sanchez afc rpm unautoed in the same box! Plus some other nice patches. In the other absolute I pulled a jersey/football/auto #erd to 10 as well. The Other good boxes I got were score inscriptions. The first one I did ok got some nice autos one of them was numberd 3/6 and The second box was awsome. I got it cheap at local card show and when I busted it I pulled 3 autos and though i was pulling dead since it is 3 autos per box but the last pack had another auto a knowshon moreno 89 annaviesary 3/20 bv 300. I have been told that alot of the score inscription boxes had more than the 3 autos supposed to come out of it.

I will tell you the best boxes I bought this year have to be donruss absolute I pulled a sanchez rpm auto and a sanchez afc rpm unautoed in the same box! Plus some other nice patches. In the other absolute I pulled a jersey/football/auto #erd to 10 as well. The Other good boxes I got were score inscriptions. The first one I did ok got some nice autos one of them was numberd 3/6 and The second box was awsome. I got it cheap at local card show and when I busted it I pulled 3 autos and though i was pulling dead since it is 3 autos per box but the last pack had another auto a knowshon moreno 89 annaviesary 3/20 bv 300. I have been told that alot of the score inscription boxes had more than the 3 autos supposed to come out of it.

I never considiered the Score products. I just checked out that Inscriptions product and it looks nice. Thanks for the info!!

Certified is good.. as well as Donruss Threads and Absolute.. as long as you are buying hobby and not blasters!

Christopher

I've had great pulls this year out of 09 Topps Finest...seems to be loaded and there are a ton of patch autos in there...plus you get a lot of refractors that are booking and selling well in each box....for the price I don't think you can beat it...I busted Prestige and didn't have any luck...have busted 3 boxes of Finest and have been very happy.

whatever you get hope it works out for you.

last box I got this #'d to 50 :)

SanchezAutoPatch.jpg

I've had great pulls this year out of 09 Topps Finest...seems to be loaded and there are a ton of patch autos in there...plus you get a lot of refractors that are booking and selling well in each box....for the price I don't think you can beat it...I busted Prestige and didn't have any luck...have busted 3 boxes of Finest and have been very happy.

whatever you get hope it works out for you.

last box I got this #'d to 50 :)

SanchezAutoPatch.jpg

Wow!! That is a sweet pull!! Thanks for the info!