Cal Ripken Jr *HOF* pic post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Why, so you can collect all of bigalbert's table scraps?

Hey it's not so bad! His budget is so much higher than mine that we don't even really cross paths on eBay. Only occasionally when I am hunting for a nice patch or auto will I see his name in the Bid History. :D

BTW, I've been on a little bit of a shopping spree lately for Ripkens, so once they all come in I'll be making another nice addition to this thread.

The only piece of Ripken that I own:

jeterwilliamsmussina2.jpg

Some recent Ripken pickups. (Sorry for the couple of bad scans)

2001 Donruss Classics Stadium Stars SS2 GU Memorial Stadium Seat
2001DonrussClassicsStadiumStarsGU.jpg

2001 Upper Deck MVP Game Souvenirs Batting Glove G-CR GU Batting Glove
2001UpperDeckMVPGameSouvenirsBattin.jpg

2007 Ultimate Collection Ultimate Team Materials Patch RI GU Patch 12/25
2007UltimateCollectionUltimateTeamM.jpg

2005 Reflections Cut From the Same Cloth Dual Patch RR Ripken/B. Robinson Dual GU Patch 62/99
2005ReflectionsCutFromtheSameClothD.jpg

2004 SP Game Used Patch Legendary Fabrics CR 27/50
2004SPGameUsedPatchLegendaryFabrics.jpg

2007 UD Black Prodigious Materials Autograph PR-R1 Quad GU/Auto 5/10
2007UpperDeckBlackProdigiousMateria.jpg

Good stuff slimdog:)
scan020602.jpg

I've been wanting one of those.

I'm making good progress on my project. I only need a couple more cards and I'll be done. The toughest one is going to be the helmet I think. Then I've got a plan for how to display them. I'll post pics when it's all done.

Last edited:
Hey bigalbert, do you have any Ripken/Gehrig dual GU cards? I'd enjoy seeing some pics if so. I think that's my next big one I'm gonna go for. There's one on eBay right now that I love but it's almost up to $350. Is that what they typically go for?

I've been wanting one of those. I've seen a few lately without the sig.

I'm making good progress on my project. I only need a couple more cards and I'll be done. The toughest one is going to be the helmet I think. Then I've got a plan for how to display them. I'll post pics when it's all done.

There is one other card out there that is a GU on deck circle from some stadium. Did you have that one on your list?

Hey bigalbert, do you have any Ripken/Gehrig dual GU cards? I'd enjoy seeing some pics if so. I think that's my next big one I'm gonna go for. There's one on eBay right now that I love but it's almost up to $350. Is that what they typically go for?
Yeah those duals have picked up some steam lately.
I paid 200 for this one about 2 years ago or so-
scan1103.jpg

There is one other card out there that is a GU on deck circle from some stadium. Did you have that one on your list?

No, I don't but I'll add it. Any details on it? And thanks for the Gehrig pic!

EDIT: A quick eBay search yielded this:

2001 Leaf Rookies and Stars Statistical Standouts SS-12 Cal Ripken $15.00 $40.00
7cb8_1.jpg

Last edited:
Have been hunting one of these for a long while-
2000 Topps Finest gold refractor Gwynn/Ripken
021608.jpg

Just a note for anyone who is thinking about buying a Ripken auto- think red ink, only a fraction of 1% of Cal's autos are done in red.
Here's a 1/1 red from Sweet Spot-
scan030708.jpg

Got 2 autos from Cal yesterday on a Mitchell and Ness jersey and a panoramic Ripken picture. I also picked up some Ripken cards that I didn't have, including a Topps Sterling game used helmet card I needed for my Ripken game used project:

It's a bad scan but the "1" is a helmet piece.
2006ToppsSterlingMomentsRelics.jpg

RipkenSigning_22.jpg

RipkenSigning_25.jpg

RipkenSigning_26.jpg

RipkenSigning_27.jpg

Got this one in today. Not quite bigalbert level, but it'll get the job done.

2006 Topps Co-Signers Dual Autographs, not #'d but short printed to 25
2006ToppsCo-SignersDualAutographs.jpg
2006ToppsCo-SignersDualAutographs.jpg

Hey Big Al,

I love your collection. Thanks for posting the pics !

I've got a question for you and all the other Cal collectors.

Recently I've been focusing on picking up the the 05 UD Epic Materials (on ebay you got a blue one while I was at work) and I'm puzzled. What the heck is the difference in the cards that are numbered differently ? As an example, I have orange ones numbered out of 145, 155, and 177 but don't see any difference in them except for the numbering. I thought maybe it was like the refractor cards that you sometimes need another card to compare it to, but I can't see any difference.

Any help, anyone, would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
ALAN

Hey Alan-
I was not aware that that was the case. I thought they all were different colors, different numbers, and different poses.