Can anyone explain these (6) 1/1's to me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The idea is lame to begin with, but to see multiples makes it even worse. I thought it was a postage stamp when I first looked. The one scanned in the thread does have a green frame though and most if not all of the others on ebay appear tan in color.

Kinda lends some credibility to the argument that any unique serial number is by default a 1/1, even though 1000 different versions exist!! By announcing a print run of 1000, but not serial numbering them, those would then not be unique!

There can only be 1 #478/1000, like there can only be 1 #831/1000, like there can only be 1 #0056/1000 and so on and so on...

The idea is lame to begin with, but to see multiples makes it even worse. I thought it was a postage stamp when I first looked. The one scanned in the thread does have a green frame though and most if not all of the others on ebay appear tan in color.

Kinda lends some credibility to the argument that any unique serial number is by default a 1/1, even though 1000 different versions exist!! By announcing a print run of 1000, but not serial numbering them, those would then not be unique!

There can only be 1 #478/1000, like there can only be 1 #831/1000, like there can only be 1 #0056/1000 and so on and so on...

thats an "ebay 1/1"....lol.

I'm not giving Topps any rope on the Ticket issues, but those plates... just a guess: is one of them from the regular Topps issue and the other from Topps Chrome. Could be a card that did not have a new photo, and has the same basic design.

-Casey

I get your point, but Chromium cards use reverse negatives. If you have any plates used for Chrome you will see that it is a mirror image. Could be Topps & Topps Gold or Black would use the same image.