Can someone explain this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwynn_fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I am in the middle of getting a list together for my Twinkie Collector and one of the cards I got for her is a
2008 Topps Heritage Chrome Refractors Black #C113 Delmon Young books for $40 which isn't too bad #/59...however...the
2007 Topps Heritage Chrome Black Refractors #THC61 Delmon Young #/58 books at $80!! numbered to one less then the 2008...however...the
2005 Topps Heritage Chrome Black Refractors #THC102 Delmon Young #/56 which I believe is his rc only books at $40?
Doesn't make much sense to me...Thoughts?
Does mean the Beckett editors have a bunch of the 2007 black refractors?

PACK ODDS PACK ODDS PACK ODDS !!!

It seems to me Beckett bases alot of pricing based on pack odds/entire print run.

Example - 2008 heritage chrome series 1 (1 - 100) were all found in Heritage boxes. But the series 2 (101-200 of which delmon young is a part) were found in the 2008 topps chrome boxes. the pack odds for series 2 were much better then the pack odds for series 1, and guess what ? in general all of series 1 heritage chrome black refs are worth a good bit more then the series 2, despite the fact that they are all #'d 59.

Similiarly, 2008 topps chrome blue Insert refractors (like tchc arc ) are all numbered to 200 but are worth MORE then the same copper refractor #'d to 100 ...really weird right ?
BUT the blue inserts refs /200 are ONLY in retail so they are supposedly harder to find because the pack odds for blue ref/200 out of the HOBBY box are astronomical. i bought a case and a half of 08 chrome hobby, i pulled 2 blue refs out of it , both au ...
(ie the inserts and base parallels were ONLY in the retail boxes)

Another example, Someone mentioned they had a
topps 2007 jeter gold border #/d 2007 - its worth 30
i have a topps update jeter gold border #d / 2008 bv ??? 10
one serial # more rinted and suddenly its worth 1/3 ???
no ....
its all about the pack odds ..

Im not sure this makes sense. even to me LOL !
but thats what ive "gleaned"

sometimes, i think they just pull a number out of a hat and then stick with it ;0

dave

Last edited:
probably just the odds and I am sure they look at past purchases and maybe only a few have been sold. Seems interesting though