Cards on Craigslist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timfsu2k

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Anyone ever find anything on there that is halfway fair? Seems like every single "baseball card" listing I see is greatly overpriced. Just wondering if everyone else has the same experience.

I'm thinking about unloading trash commons there for $20 a massive box. That or curbside.

See, $20 for a huge bin of commons is not unreasonable. $500 for a box of 1988-1992 cards is unreasonable. I guess people are either ignorant of the value of their cards or are hoping someone else is.

Pretty much. Or they see "Book value $.20 and treat it like a stock price.

I have a while back $100.00 on about 20,000 cards Gu/Auto's Baseball and Football both.I just listed the Football Friday and made a trade and I got a nice Pc Item $100.00 ,in about 12 singles that I have looked at so far not to mention about 15,000 to make sets and some nice trade bait. Maybe just my luck on that one most of the time I see 80's junk though.

Well, again $100 for 20,000 cards is not really a bad deal, especially if there are some decent cards in there. A good example is one I saw today: $30 for a 1984 Donruss Mike Schmidt.

Don't look that often but have never seen a deal that I did not consider an insane rip-off:)

I've sold commons on craigslist before. Aprox 80,000 cards (most from 88-92) for $400. Never found anything even worth emailing about.

I've found some deals (sports memorabilia mainly) in the past, but most aren't local, so I couldn't close on it. The cards stuff is 99% junk or way overpriced.

I am looking through some 2009 topps I got in mine and have found the Obama $30 and *** Wee Reese $15 Sp's and might have the Sabathia Sp just not sure what it is.

The BadWax blogger often does a feature "Craigslist idiots" where he corresponds with people who ask outrageous amounts for junk wax. Its pretty funny.

My newest Craigslist find: 14 jersey cards 6,400 inserts and commons 4 autographs and 40 refractors gold blue green number to 75 50 100 99 55$ or best offer.So far it has been alot of 2010 Topps Ser#1 got 1 set done and pulling another plus alot of the inserts as well,not to mention the trade bait.All and all not to bad.

My newest Craigslist find: 14 jersey cards 6,400 inserts and commons 4 autographs and 40 refractors gold blue green number to 75 50 100 99 55$ or best offer.So far it has been alot of 2010 Topps Ser#1 got 1 set done and pulling another plus alot of the inserts as well,not to mention the trade bait.All and all not to bad.

I saw that one also and almost called, but decided not too. Sounds like you did pretty good so far.

Not to bad more Football than I wanted but overall not to bad 2 sets 2010 Ser#1 Topps a lot of inserts and some decent trade bait. Just need to get some prices on the football Gu and Autos and maybe some of the refractors just hate to buy a beckett and more than i would ask for someone here to get me prices for.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online