check out my cards question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
hey guys, i checked and couldnt find the answer on the site. but on comc, it costs 20 cents to list a card, how long does the card stay listed is is until it sells or a specific time frame like one month or so? any help with this question would be greatly appreciated.

also, does anyone know how or if it is even possible to change your user name after it has been created, i dont see anywhere to do that..any suggestions?

About that 1 cent storage fee, the following situations apply:

Only relavant when selling
Free for cards not for sale
Free for asking prices of 25¢ or less
Free for first 90 days w/ original owner

So it's not really a big deal unless you have tons of cards listed for a long time without them selling.

does anyone know that if I send in lets ay 100 cards to sale/process, do i have to wait for them to finish processing those 100 cards onto my site before i can send anymore cards, or do they treat each incoming package as seperate meaning, i can send boxes one a week and they will be processed as they come in one at a time as received?i ask because i want to send one box and then send another ox a couple days later and then another box a couple days later after that. your thoughts please.

check out their FAQ's it has your answer in there if you would look for it. and i think if you wanted to send in a hundred cards a day as long as you have money one account they will take them.

FWIW, COMC has EXCELLENT Customer Service, you could just call them if you have any questions...I called yesterday regarding the vouchers in my account and I had my question answered in about 2-3 minutes...

does anyone know that if I send in lets ay 100 cards to sale/process, do i have to wait for them to finish processing those 100 cards onto my site before i can send anymore cards, or do they treat each incoming package as seperate meaning, i can send boxes one a week and they will be processed as they come in one at a time as received?i ask because i want to send one box and then send another ox a couple days later and then another box a couple days later after that. your thoughts please.

Each shipment is processed/treated individually...

thank you so much guys for your responses, I appreciate it. Im going to send out a nice batch of cards (approx 1,000 cards) to them in the next couple of weeks to test it out.

Make sure to look into the fees for getting money, unless you don't want any money. From what I understand it's good to sell there if you use the money to buy cards that are listed on COMC. If you sell your cards there and hope to get money back, I think they charge more fees than feebay, if you can imagine that.

yes, they charge 20% fee, but when you look at ebay and ebay listing fees, final value fees, paypal fees then the time to scan a card, list a card, send invoices, buy a bubble mailer and packing supplies, pack the card, leave feedback, drive to the post office, stand in line, pay the postage, mail the item, track the item, and deal with customers, etc, etc..it is well worth the 20%, i think all of the ebay and paypal fees are probably close to 20%. with comc, you box up your cards, ship them and then forget about them and just let them sit there and make you money. no processing, no shipping, just collecting your money! it also saves me for having to store tens of thousands of cards. ill send them 1,000 cards or so to see how easy it is, it seems to good to be true, but we will see how it works out.

very true curt, i agree. i think that after 40 years i might be finished with the hobby(except for my dodgers and hof) so the other cards i have in my collection i was just going to donate or let sit in their boxes for the next 20-30 years, so instead i decided to put them on comc and get what i can get for them even if it is way lower than they are worth. i guess how im looking at it is, im through with this hobby so whatever i get for them is better than them just sitting i boxes collecting dust and taking up space. also, do you think it is worth it to submit to comc to sell, topps cards from 1980-1984 or should i stick with vintage from the 60's and 70's? and if 1970's is it worth it for the late 70's like 1978 and 1979 topps as well?

Last edited:
I moved some cards on there and it was no problem at all. Their customer service is great as previously mentioned on this thread. However, like any marketplace, cards that are of "hotter" players or issues sell better and quicker. Be prepared for lots and lots of ridiculous low ball offers. And I mean ridiculous. They have a way to change the settings to determine the minimums for offers, but this costs something like $12 or $15 per month.

That topic can be viewed from both sides of the table and every person sees it differently. I made a $20 offer on a BIN/BO listed at $100 and they accepted. This was not a "hot" or popular item either, which can greatly affect market value. The same seller listed something similar later and I offered $10 and was ignored. I didn't even get a courtesy reject. I felt I overpaid on the $20 item, but the "ridiculous" BIN number lead me to offer more than I should have. The new item was similar, so I felt $10 was fair.

On the other hand, I have offered close to BIN on cards in the $20 range and get counter offers of 50 cents off.

Sellers can be just as ridiculous as buyers and it just depends on what the item is and what the seller thinks it's worth.

Be prepared for lots and lots of ridiculous low ball offers. And I mean ridiculous.