Chris Potter Sports August signings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abeabe

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
As some of you may have seen the april signings were moved back to late May. Chris is in California doing many of those signings as we speak. This week the August signings "line-up" has been announced. I don't forsee any delay with these signings as the summer months will be focused on the items that were due at end of May. The August signing has some very big names including HOFers Ralph Kiner and Ozzie Smith aswell as some other rarities like Fay Vincent. If you are a Tigers fan, there are a boatload of former Tigers signing, including the near impossible Willie Horton for only $10. Check out the entire list here.http://www.chrispottersports.com/august-15th-signings For you autographed set collectors, you may find some people you have been trying to get an auto from for years, this maybe your chance. The list of players is solid and I hope this info will help someone track down an auto they are missing.

Not to criticize, but Willie Horton is not that impossible (there is a public signing tomorrow in the Detroit area for $10 any item). Now guys like McClain and Stanley are getting harder to get as they only have a few signings a year...

I had Horton 1 on 1 with only 1 card in hand, he still denied me. I know another member on here who it took 30 years of on and off trying to obtain his auto for the autographed set he is working on. It does show Chris' pricing is very competetive. I think Chris is a great asset to many autograph collectors. My 1st experience using him was to get a Rocky Colovito auto. Rocky simply will not accept TTM's and is a "recluse" so he does few if any signings. I had wanted his auto for years. When I saw Chris was doing a signing with him, I called and was able to speak to Chris directly. After a month or so my 8x10 came in the mail with a beautiful signature. Since then I have gotten several other auto's of players that are almost un-obainable for me, all have been great!!

Do you feel good about the autos and when they are returned.
I was thinking of sending the base of a Mcfarlane Statue of Ozzie Smith in and getting it signed.
Would I be satisfied and is the auto certified?

Thanks,

While each auto does not come back with authentication, you may request a picture of your exact item being signed for a $10 fee, can't beat better authentication then that. Im sure Chris guarantees every auto to be authentic, he is a very stand up guy!!

Last edited:
I think the feeling is that you are pitching his services like you have a stake in his success. It's nice to share a good deal or dealer with others and you are certain zealous in this regard. So far I have been successful in landing cards of players he has featured for less than his asking price, not to say his prices aren't fair for many. I will keep an eye out for future signings though. Perhaps he'll land someone I really need and it won't cost me an arm & a leg to boot!

Solly Drake, Bob Giallombardo, Willard Hunter, Alex Taveras, Don Crow, Lemmie Miller, Mark Bradley, Roy Gleason, Gary Moore, Terry McDermott, Terry Wells and Rod Miller are a dozen former Dodger players who are still living that I am still seeking and collectively they have 1 signed item on ebay right now!!

I have no stake in his success, he is a member on this board. What can I give him that can top being interviewed in beckett's autograph edition? You can't beat that type of exposure!! I hope me posting the signings helps someone like you land that "impossible" auto!!

I wish his Ozzie Smith auto ball was a little cheaper. I know it's pretty fair pricing but I just can't get 60 and shipping. Oh well looks solid to me!!

I'm trying to complete my '68 Tiger set has me thinking about McLain & Stanley. I've attempted Stanley once before with no success and who knows about McLain.