Cliff Lee Errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redsguy

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
lee.jpg

Got those for Easter out of a $9.99 box. Up for trade possibly. Should I sell them or keep them in case prices go up? The blue one is #/2010. They are both Opening Day cards.

There has been much hoopla about this card being an error, but it is not. His regular Topps cards show him as a Phillie, but Topps airbrushed his uniform for the Opening Day set to reflect his move to the Mariners. The only real "error" to the airbrush job is the "HK" patch which was worn exclusively by the Phils...they should have removed it.

Last edited:
Eah and the HK patch I'd still on the jersey from the phillies. How could he have a mariners uniform on before the season starts?

Eah and the HK patch I'd still on the jersey from the phillies. How could he have a mariners uniform on before the season starts?

Topps has been air-brushing the new uniforms on off-season acquisitions for years. The have done it for basketball, too.