CLOSED...Winner is Katester44...MLB Significant Achievement/Milestone Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I have never run a contest here on The Bench but have participated in a bunch of them and have had fun with them so I would like to try this one out if anybody is interested.

The contest will be to guess which team will have the next significant MLB milestone or record achieved (ie perfect game, no hitter, 4 homerun game, player reaches 3000 hits etc.).

I reserve the right to decide if the milestone counts for this contest ie I will more than likely not count a player recording 5 sacrifice bunts in one game, a player playing in his X number game, a player who is the all time leader in a catergory adding one more to his record, or a round number such as a player's 100th RBI or a team's 9000th all time win as significant milestones. I am thinking of rarer things as I mentioned like perfect games no hitters 4 hrs in a game or hall of fame worthy milestones. Just trying to run a fun contest and give away some cards. If this is too vague for anybody this may not be the contest for you!

Here are just a few examples of what I would consider to be contest winning milestones:

Team Milestone:
20+ wins in a row
5+ Shutouts in a row

Offensive Milestone:
3+ home runs by one one player in same game
Completing the cycle
8+ games in a row with a homerun
10+ RBI by one player in same game

Defensive Milestones:
Unassisted triple play

Pitching Milestones:
Perfect game or no hitter
15+ strikeouts by same player in one game

This contest is open to all members. There will be 30 spots in this contest one spot per MLB team (one member per team first come first served)! The prize will either be a prize package of base/inserts/autos/game used/oddball from the team you have chosen for this contest or from your favorite team. We'll see how this contest goes hopefully there will be some interest. Please contact me with any questions. And good luck!!!

Teams taken so far: Tigers, Twins, Rangers, Orioles, Yankees, Indians, Mariners, Rays, Red Sox, Angels, Phillies, Nationals, Giants, Braves, Dodgers, Pirates

Last edited:
You're going to need to define milestone first, otherwise you could be in for some serious issues. Matt Kemp is 4 hits away from 1000, Russell Martin is 1HR away from 100, Nick Punto could play in his 1000th game today, Mariano Rivera breaks the team and Major League record for most saves with every new save, the Phillies break new ground with every loss, Are those milestones?

Not trying to be a wise guy or anything, but I'm just saying without some kind of clarification the Red Sox are sitting on 8999 wins, the next one HAS to be a milestone, doesn't it?

If so, I'd take the Red Sox

Last edited:
4 teams taken so far...thanks for playing guys.

Valediction thanks for the post I have addressed this (maybe still too vague) in the original post.

I will take the Seattle Mariners since that is where my daughter is working now.

Thanks for the contest.

Teams updated! There were two 1 hitters yesterday!!!

Chief...4 Ks in an inning is definitely interesting...but I've seen it done more than a few times so I am not going to count it for this contest. Thanks for the post...I have you down for the rays.

Status
Not open for further replies.