Collecting Bowman Chrome question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Hello,
its been awhile since I bought Bowman Chrome rookie cards. In regards to prospecting rookies. Is it still popular or only with rookies like Kershaw/Trout etc? I ask because years ago I bought almost 100 Dee Gordon Bowman Chrome prospect cards in hopes that he would be the next rickey henderson! when he was HOT I put them on ebay for a couple dollars each and didnt sell even one! I remember back in the day people LOVED bowman chrome rookies did that change? Is it better to get a rookies autograph, or refractor or color refractor instead of the regular bowman chrome cards? thanks

Normally bowman chrome rookies cards are hot...mostly autos and some base cards like Trout rc 2011 bowman chrome is about $30.00/$50.00. Mostly power hitting prospects get the most from the base cards. Best regards, David

Entirely depends on the player at hand.

If you have Kris Bryant, Joey Gallo, etc. You would do relatively well as far as prospecting goes.

Outside of rare instances like Trout, most players lose their 'investment' potential once they are in the big leagues. You want to get them cheap and easy when they first come out (Bowman Chrome Draft, etc) and really hope you concentrated on the one or two that might creep up and be giant, popular players.

thanks guys, i appreciate your responses. i thought for sure that dee gordon bowman chrome cards would be HOT when he was hot..but i guessed wrong :(