Collecting goals for 2023?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PRosefan1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Lets all share our collecting goals for 2023. I need to start to unload cards that just dont fit my collection. I literally collect everything. That needs to change.

Whats yours?

For the umpteenth time, I need to get my collection organized but I doubt that will ever happen since I have been trying to do that for decades................like 5 of them! LOL My friend opened a card store in February 2021 until August of 2022 when he moved out of the area and that was both a blessing and a curse. All the new wave of collectors was chesing the same 10 players and wanted nothing to do with anything else. So my friend would sell me tons of stuff that came into his shop but no one wanted for a song. If I was behind the 8 ball in terms of having my collection sorted before his store opened, I am behind the whole pool hall now. I'll NEVER get things straightened out but I'll give it my best shot.

In terms of an actual collecting goal, I'd love to complete my 1962 Topps Baseball and Football Bucks which have been sitting close to complete for decades...........like 3 or 4 o them.

Organize, organize and if I have some extra time maybe organize some more. Though I wouldn't mind picking up 100 cards for a 1961 Topps set I'm semi working on.

Trying to finish a super hard inset! 2003 Donruss Timeless Treasures Gold set! 100 players in the set and only 10 cards of each player! I have 82% of the set and thanks to nevermores help landed number 82! Only landed two this year and losted the Chipper Jones : ( Best regards, David

Lots of goals, but would like to get my NFL HOF Rookie Card needs down to 10% of the entire roster. There are 362 members and I have 70 left. At 19% remaining now.

I'm going to revamp my entire collection this year. I had the most fun when I was team collecting, and my family has a new tradition of going to Cardinals games. So my goal is to build a really great StL Cardinals collection that my family can get in to.

Someone may have mentioned it above - organization!

I have a bunch of partial sets laying around, have started working on completing them.

Would like to keep knocking out vintage sets. The 3 main targets for me this year will be 1975 - 1976 - 1977. Under 20 cards on each of them, should be able to finish them, just need to focus.

Finally, trade/sell/give away anything that doesn't fit with either finishing a set or my PC.

Don't think it's been mentioned yet,but I'd like to get organized and catch up on listing cards on my site. ;)

I'd also like to give away a ton of my base. If there was a way locally that would be ideal.

Would also like to finish my 2021 Stadium Club Chrome Refractor set. This has been much harder to finish than last year's set.

Lastly,I'd like to get some older PC cards graded. My LCS sends cards out and I plan to join in with him in a bulk order. Here's what I've pulled to send in:

1966 Topps Clemente
1966 Topps Sutton RC
1968 Topps Seaver
1968 Topps Seaver (already a SGC 50 but I really think the grader had a bad day. Looks much nicer than a 50 to me)
1983 Topps Traded Strawberry XRC
1984 Fleer Update Gooden XRC
1992 Front Row Derek Jeter auto

Happy New Year everyone!

I have a bunch of partial sets laying around, have started working on completing them.

Would like to keep knocking out vintage sets. The 3 main targets for me this year will be 1975 - 1976 - 1977. Under 20 cards on each of them, should be able to finish them, just need to focus.

Finally, trade/sell/give away anything that doesn't fit with either finishing a set or my PC.
Sportslots

COMC is also a great place to finish sets! Only one cost for shipping...even if you buy from 10 different sellers on their site! Enconomy shipping or Priority shipping. COMC is almost back to shipping time before the virus.

I am heading to a shop tomorrow and may be able to pick up some of your needs. PM me your lists for 75.76 and 77 and I will see what i can come up with. My computer will not allow me to look at your site.

Three attainable goals.
1) 8000 Dbacks (I added a thousand since August. this can be done).
2) Complete one outstanding set.
3) Get 5% closer to completing my 2001 Topps Master Set. That equates to 5 cards.

Find 2 cards out of 6 that I need to complete 4 different insert sets from 2001, 2009, 2011, 2016.
Finish up the 2022 Topps Heritage Blue Sparkle Chrome 200 card set.
As far as 2023 Topps Heritage, It is beyond the scope of what I originally wanted to collect from that product. We'll see what happens.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
MY GOALS IF I CAN ABTAINED IS TO TRY AND FINISH THE 23 SETS THAT ARE ALL MOST COMPLETE SOME NEED A COUPLE OF CARDS AND OTHER A LOT
ORGANZATION WOULD BE GREAT EXCEPT BETWWEN COACHING AND SUPERVISING DONT HAVE TO MANY HRS TO TRY AND DO IT
HOPE EVERYONE GET SOME OF THE IDEAS DONE

Looking to obtain every Topps base card of Roberto Clemente....in fairly good condition. 19 cards for 19 years, no All-Star, League Leaders and such...just his base Topps card. Already have 8 so only 11 more to go. Should be fun!

on a side note: would love to find a 2001 Ovation Piece of History Nolan Ryan. Only been looking for 20 yrs, only seen it once back when Yahoo had auctions!

I'd like to finish off a 100 card 2012 Bowman Platinum Gold Refractor set with each card numbered to 50 (95/100 so far). Maybe another 250 card 2000 Fleer Focus Masterpiece Mania set with each card numbered to 300 (240/250 for one set and 222/250 for another set). Maybe a second 90 card 1998 Topps TEK diffractor card set with 14 cards to go

Other than that as Im approaching 69 in 2023 way past time to start selling off a collection (95% baseball) of 50+ years going back into the 40s/50s/60s including a BUNCH of completed sets from 1977 through 2022., Ive been spending time organizing what I have this year but still a long way to go.

Might get back to my Topps 62, 66 and 69 sets
Will dramatically cut back new box buying and set building in 2023 as I scale things back

Same goal sine 2008 😂

Get the 2008 UD Masterpieces red frame set finished.

I need these Red Parallel's

16 Jonathan Papelbon Red Sox 2.5
35 Magglio Ordonez Tigers 2.5
80 Tim Lincecum Giants 2.5