Collecting Sets for the kids - Ideas Wanted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glassmcr1981

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Evening all,

I've decided it's time to unload pretty much everything in my collection. However, I don't want to get out of collecting all-together. Instead, I think I want to focus on collecting a set or subset from 2008 and 2011 - the years my two boys were born. Someone had given me a set of 1981 Donruss (my birth year) when I was growing up and I thought that was the coolest thing ever!

Right now I think I'm zeroing in on trying to complete both the 2008 and 2011 Topps All-Star Stitches jersey cards. Seems like it would be relatively affordable, and have a good selection of players for the kids to look at some day.

Any other ideas? I've got the Topps base set and A&G set already put together from 2008, and I think I want something a little more exciting than just a base set. My 2011 I was more or less out of the loop on what was released, so I'm not sure if there is something else great lurking out there. Let me know what you think!

Last edited:
My daughter was born last year and I thought doing a Topps Gold set for her birth year would be fun and possibly something she might appreciate down the road. Still looking for one that is #ed 0615/2011 (her birthday)! Maybe something to consider for your boys?

My daughter was born last year and I thought doing a Topps Gold set for her birth year would be fun and possibly something she might appreciate down the road. Still looking for one that is #ed 0615/2011 (her birthday)! Maybe something to consider for your boys?

Wow - that's a big task! Are you just doing Series 1, or Series 2 and U&H too?