COMC! Let see if their shipping has improved or still the same old 50 Plus days!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just for fun, I started a shipping request for the 3 cards I now have in my port. I am not adding $5 to pay for it and they have continued to ignore my requests to combine them with the overdue shipment that clearly still is in their possession. It would be incredibly simple to grant me this and at least salvage a small amount of good will, but NOPE, they IGNORE me. It's quoting July now for delivery using the standard option. I seriously hope they implode at this point. They had a great thing and screwed it up. It is pathetic now. it is clear to me though that there are plenty of people who either don't care or can't even break away from terrible service because they are addicted to cards that much. I am a self-admitted card addict, but this was enough to scare me straight!!

I just cannot understand this. I buy cards from Sportlots all the time. I use the standard shipping. I just purchased 90 cards and it cost me 6.00 for shipping. I received the cards in less than a week. The problems at COMC have nothing to do with the post office or the pandemic. This is just bad business. I for one would never buy cards from them. I have said it many times that cards are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I am not sure if they are doing this because of the surge in card "collecting". But this just seems ridiculous.

Part of this can probably be attributed to Covid, at least early on. I know they basically had to shut down physical operations for a while. However, I suppose shipments could have still come in to a location that allowed them to continue to scan and list cards...just actually shipping them out was shelved for later.

I agree though, except that Sportslots is not one central clearing house. At least I didn't think it was. Isn't that individual sellers shipping from their own locations like an ebay or similar? If not then they certainly have managed their business well, unlike COMC, which has dropped the ball in a major way. It's really a shame, because I really enjoyed using their business model.

Sportlots is individual sellers. I know that because the cards I get do not come from one specific location.

With COMC? Let us know this Christmas how they look, when you finally get them!

Here is mine from 12/3, still not shipped. Over 1 month past due from their estimated ship date. If i recall the 1 time they responded to a message, 4/13 was the new estimated ship date. I guess I will see soon. These guys are so done for me. I have 3 cards in my port that I was thinking they might work with me and ship with the rest, but they have ignored repeated messages trying to accomplish this. COMC sucks! I may just end up abandoning those 3 cards because I am not sure I am willing to give then another cent of my money. Paying $5 shipping for normal turnaround time is bad enough, but the thought of waiting another 3-4 months is just ridiculous.

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 6.16.39 PM.png

David,

Did you see that now they don't have any top loaders to send cards in? So they will only be shipped in penny sleeves.
I saw that.....lots of members are doing the same thing....putting the cards between card broad and putting tape everywhere! Best regards, David

Well folks, it's only fair to advise that I finally got my package yesterday.
4 1/2 months after requesting it, and a month after it was "estimated"? I think I'll have to steer clear of COMC for a while!

I know COVID has probably affected them quite a bit, but I can't imagine it's had that much of an affect, especially now. Nearly every other company I order from (not just cards, but anything) is already pretty much back to standard shipment times. More often than not, now, it's the USPS/UPS slowing things down.

I am pretty much done with COMC. I even saw an auction on ebay that I thought might be a good one wo win. Saw it was comc, and passed on by for that exact reason. The delays are no longer excusable with Covid taking the blame. I see they said they were trying to hire more people to ship stuff and MAYBE their times will improve. I guess if you live in the greater Seattle area and making about minimum wage is good enough for you, maybe they can pick you up full time! I used to be a pretty big fan and talked them up whenever it was appropriate. I even got a peek behind the curtain when I worked for the company that serviced the elevator in their building.

I have already w and aited 1+ month for my latest shipment, which has not been mailed (by the way)just said out loud yesterday, that my Black Friday order is still approximately 2 months out from delivery. Pathetic.
I just tried them out for the first time last month. Ordered two auto'd cards. Saw the charge on my card but nothing on my "account" on the site. I emailed their "support" about five times. Never responded once. But I did notice the two cards I ordered were removed from the lists so I thought I'd wait and see. Then I finally got an email saying when they'll be sent. The whole process will be about six to seven weeks. Absolutely ridiculous. Never again. There is zero reason to send a card out over a month after they've gotten their money and there's no reason to ignore EVERY email I sent to their crap "support." which doesn't actually exist. Can't stand ****** service like that and I do not have good wishes for them.

I’ve been flipping on COMC for a few year years. Nothing major, I sell about $500 each year. I reinvest the cost of each card I flip and use the profits to purchase cards for my PC. With this method I slowly amassed about 80 early 70s cards over about a year and a half and requested a shipment two weeks ago. The estimated delivery date? Sometime in the middle of August.

sigh...

Last edited:
I’ve been flipping on COMC for a few year years. Nothing major, I sell about $500 each year. I reinvest to cost of each card I flip and use the profits to purchase cards for my PC. With this method I slowly amassed about 80 early 70s cards over about a year and a half and requested a shipment two weeks ago. The estimated delivery date? Sometime in the middle of August.

sigh...
August? Wow? That's absurd. I just refuse to give money to a service so ******. There's literally NO reason for shipping to take that long. Just terrible service.

August? Wow? That's absurd. I just refuse to give money to a service so ******. There's literally NO reason for shipping to take that long. Just terrible service.
I agree completely! I could almost understand if it took them even a few weeks to get orders ready, but if they're so bombarded with order requests that they can't keep up with shipping, and it takes them months to ship, it's time to hire some more folks in the warehouse.

Also, let's not ignore the fact that they have no problem getting eBay orders out in a timely manner. Maybe if they're that far behind on website orders they should quit posting stuff on eBay for a while until they can get caught up.

I bought a COMC on ebay order over the weekend. I got an email that they will process the order on June 1. That's approximately 3 weeks. They have a huge amount of cards on ebay.

I bought a COMC on ebay order over the weekend. I got an email that they will process the order on June 1. That's approximately 3 weeks. They have a huge amount of cards on ebay.
That's surprising to know. I haven't purchased anything from them but, from what I'd been reading, they were getting eBay orders out fairly quick. I wouldn't call 3 weeks even remotely quick.

I just checked one of their eBay auctions to see if it said anything about delayed shipping and the only thing I found was eBay's delivery estimate, which was "Estimated between Sat. May. 22 and Wed. May. 26". Did the cards you bought say anything about delayed shipping?

It's a mess over there for sure. I finally received my last overdue rushed shipment - still waiting for them to refund the extra shipping charge.

I've sent back about half my inventory from there because I'm losing trust and slowly selling off what's left.

COMC is a great idea - poorly managed and executed. Been on the downhill for a few years now.

Anyone who wants to ship off COMC should use rushed or they won’t see cards for 3+ months minimum

That's surprising to know. I haven't purchased anything from them but, from what I'd been reading, they were getting eBay orders out fairly quick. I wouldn't call 3 weeks even remotely quick.

I just checked one of their eBay auctions to see if it said anything about delayed shipping and the only thing I found was eBay's delivery estimate, which was "Estimated between Sat. May. 22 and Wed. May. 26". Did the cards you bought say anything about delayed shipping?
In my purchase history is says Estimated delivery Thu, Jun 10-Tue, Jun 15. I suppose that's about right if their going to process the order on June 1. It will be a lot of work for them. I bought cards from many different years, so I would think they're not stored together.

Last edited: