Coming Soon: New Transaction (Trade) Manager

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike121

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Let me start by saying that not much has changed here, other than the fact that things will look a little different. The biggest change here is the name change. After the upgrade, the Trade Manager will be known as the Transaction Manager.

The main reason for this post is so you all will see what things look like, and can start asking questions beforehand, hopefully making life after the upgrade easier on everyone.

Here's a look at what the transaction listing page will look like.

new-bench-tm-index-thumb.jpg

The quickest way to create a transaction with another member will be to click on the "Create transaction" link on their member tooltip. This tooltip can be found by hovering (or clicking on mobile) any username or avatar just about anywhere on the site.

new-bench-member-card-thumb.jpg

From there things will seem familiar. You'll first get a form asking you what kind of transaction you're wanting to create.

new-bench-tm-create-thumb.jpg

From there, you'll get another form to fill out the transaction details, depending on the type of transaction you're creating.

Once a transaction is created, the transaction detail page is started, and your trade partner is sent an alert letting them know it's been created. Here's a look at the transaction details page.

new-bench-tm-view-thumb.jpg

Notice where the "Complete | Report" buttons are. If there is an action that you can perform on this transaction, it'll be there. The only available actions are Cancel, Confirm, Complete, and Report. Either member can cancel a transaction until the point it is confirmed. So, if you enter the wrong details or decide to change the transaction, you can simply cancel this one and create a new one. Once confirmed, however, only a moderator can cancel transactions. You'll only see Confirm if you're not the one who created the transaction and you'll only see Complete on transactions that are in the confirmed status. Once you click on Complete, you'll be asked to rate your trade partner. You'll rate your partner on 2-4 criteria, depending on the type of transaction.

new-bench-tm-rate-thumb.jpg

The only other thing to see here is the comment tab. As long as a transaction is still in the confirmed status, you can add comments. Comments can only be seen by your trade partner and moderators.

new-bench-tm-comment-thumb.jpg

So that's it with today's Coming Soon. As always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here.

This looks so much nicer and more user friendly! Thanks Mike, very straightforward! I do have a question about current open trades/transactions: will an open trade appear in the transaction manager after the upgrade (i.e. I have something I already posted and am sending out, we just havent completed yet).

Also, any idea when this may take effect?

THANKS!

Blessings,

Kevin

This looks so much nicer and more user friendly! Thanks Mike, very straightforward! I do have a question about current open trades/transactions: will an open trade appear in the transaction manager after the upgrade (i.e. I have something I already posted and am sending out, we just havent completed yet).

Also, any idea when this may take effect?

THANKS!

Blessings,

Kevin

Yes, all currently pending trades will be imported as pending transactions.

Where do we find our total number of transactions (trades)? I don't see it in the Transaction Manager.

Where do we find our total number of transactions (trades)? I don't see it in the Transaction Manager.

I actually didn't even think of putting that information in the Transaction Manager. I'll add a sidebar with some information about your trades, and rating in the next update. That said, you can see your transaction count, and rating, under your username next to all of your posts on the forum. Currently, you're at 224 transactions with a 5 star rating.

I actually didn't even think of putting that information in the Transaction Manager. I'll add a sidebar with some information about your trades, and rating in the next update. That said, you can see your transaction count, and rating, under your username next to all of your posts on the forum. Currently, you're at 224 transactions with a 5 star rating.
That sounds good. I do see it listed under my name now. Weird it was 222 and now it is 224 even though I did not make any more trades. Maybe due to prior trades that never were completed that I now got credit for? Or for "FREE cards" trades now counting?

Maybe due to prior trades that never were completed that I now got credit for? Or for "FREE cards" trades now counting?

Free cards still don't count, so evidently there were trades that you never got credit for before. It seems there were a lot of glitches. I don't think anyone's number is the same as it was before.

Noticed one thing with the TM that I would like to see is:
When you click on a trade to get the info on the trade, it would be nice to also see the transaction #..find myself having to go back to the list of all trades to get transaction #.
Robert

Noticed one thing with the TM that I would like to see is:
When you click on a trade to get the info on the trade, it would be nice to also see the transaction #..find myself having to go back to the list of all trades to get transaction #.
Robert

That should already be there. I added it in the last update. If you're on a PC, it will be on the right hand side in the block titled "Transaction info". It's the first bit of information in that block. If you're on mobile, that block will be below the main content.

Here's what the block should look like.

transaction-info.jpg

Mike, is there going to be a search feature on transactions? I'm thinking that the minimum would be a search by user name, and a search by date range. And the two would work together to get all trades to a user with a date range. I guess transaction number would be a third criteria. The date used would be the date the trade was completed, perhaps. It could also yield a result eg; 23 transactions found.

Last edited:
Mike, is there going to be a search feature on transactions? I'm thinking that the minimum would be a search by user name, and a search by date range. And the two would work together to get all trades to a user with a date range. I guess transaction number would be a third criteria. The date used would be the date the trade was completed, perhaps.
Yes, a search function is on my list to add in a future update. I haven't done it yet just because there's so much coding involved and I'm trying to get the things fixed that I can fix quickly before I start on individual projects that will take me several days, or more, to fix.

Yes, a search function is on my list to add in a future update. I haven't done it yet just because there's so much coding involved and I'm trying to get the things fixed that I can fix quickly before I start on individual projects that will take me several days, or more, to fix.
No problem. I just didn't see that it had been mentioned before. This is really handy for moderators.

Mike, is there going to be a search feature on transactions? I'm thinking that the minimum would be a search by user name, and a search by date range. And the two would work together to get all trades to a user with a date range. I guess transaction number would be a third criteria. The date used would be the date the trade was completed, perhaps. It could also yield a result eg; 23 transactions found.

This isn't exactly what you were asking for, but hopefully it'll help: https://thebenchtrading.com/threads/transaction-manager-updates.467804/post-3969836

That should already be there. I added it in the last update. If you're on a PC, it will be on the right hand side in the block titled "Transaction info". It's the first bit of information in that block. If you're on mobile, that block will be below the main content.

Here's what the block should look like.

View attachment 3768
I guess I should look at the whole page first...I missed it..Thanks for everything you are doing. You are appreciated