Concerning 2022 Topps Chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Well Topps royally messed up the 5 SSP cards are not in the product somehow the cards weren't placed in the packs --So Topps has decided to place the cards randomly in a silver packs and issue a pack to everyone who bought a 22 Topps Chrome the catch is you had to purchase from Topps.com or be direct with Topps so store owners would receive the packs if there direct with Topps --Retail buyers at this time are out of luck

My take is this is the 2nd year this has happened last year with the Kelenic SSP which never made it in to 21 Topps Chrome --Topps instead of putting the cards in Silver Packs should put them in 22 Topps Chrome Update and w/o the SSPs in 22 Topps Chrome the prices should drop hopefully

Best.
David

This is the kind of stuff that made me put the brakes on collecting after 2019...........I still bust Heritage but that's about it..........In my job, I have to worry about quality and deadlines; apparently Topps doesn't give a crap..........

The sad part behind all of this is the delay in the release and the massive blunder that still happened. How do you “forget” to put these in? Five massive chase cards that “can be placed into silver packs”. Sounds more like a gimmick to me.

I watch a show on YouTube called sportscard investor and they have weekly segment called cards on the table were they
discuss certain topics across the card collecting world if you want to watch here it is

for the Chrome Topic skip to 7 mins 22 secs

I watch a show on YouTube called sportscard investor and they have weekly segment called cards on the table were they
discuss certain topics across the card collecting world if you want to watch here it is

for the Chrome Topic skip to 7 mins 22 secs
I think Geoff Wilson is a tool. I can only imagine all the people he led astray during the COVID card boom.

I agree with the others. This is BS. Topps basically misled buyers by advertising chase cards and then not having them in boxes. They could have delayed product (like many others) or put out redemptions (like they sometimes do with autos) for these cards. Having them in silver packs is a solution to remedy not having these cards in packs but short changes general retail buyer (as David noted above) and delays opportunity for buyers to recoup money.

I think Geoff Wilson is a tool. I can only imagine all the people he led astray during the COVID card boom.
Yeah and he's made quite a few bad trade/deals....and I guess you missed it when he gave away a Kyler Murray 1/1 to a 10 year old because it was his favorite player...What people did he led astray during the Covid card boom please list them and he gives a lot of cards away and when
you have the money and he does you buy or over buy any card you want .

Yeah and he's made quite a few bad trade/deals....and I guess you missed it when he gave away a Kyler Murray 1/1 to a 10 year old because it was his favorite player...What people did he led astray during the Covid card boom please list them and he gives a lot of cards away and when
you have the money and he does you buy or over buy any card you want .
I find it crazy that someone can share an opinion just to have someone get bent outta shape over it. Oh well,I guess that's the world we live in now.

Believe me I didn't get bent out of shape over it I just wanted you to prove he was a tool --I am guessing you watch his content on YouTube?
That's why I led in with "I can only imagine all the people he led astray" meaning I don't have specifics but I bet there were some he did. I watched a couple of his episodes early on and it was with the help of his influence that nice cards you may have had the chance to obtain at one time are now virtually untouchable. I used to see him all over my Youtube during the boom. Now that prices are starting to creep back down to normal,where are all his videos now?

That's why I led in with "I can only imagine all the people he led astray" meaning I don't have specifics but I bet there were some he did. I watched a couple of his episodes early on and it was with the help of his influence that nice cards you may have had the chance to obtain at one time are now virtually untouchable. I used to see him all over my Youtube during the boom. Now that prices are starting to creep back down to normal,where are all his videos now?
He still makes videos in the YouTube search type in sports card investor he posts a video at least 3-4x a week

He still makes videos in the YouTube search type in sports card investor he posts a video at least 3-4x a week
I see he still posts content but not nearly to the extent that he used to. I figure in the next few years he'll be pumping up comic books,Beanie Babies and Pogs,which isn't a bad thing if you have enough Beanies and Pogs collecting dust in your closet.

My hobby store...will only give out the sp pack to people who brought a box....everyone else gets screwed and they won't try to keep track of those who buy single packs....which means there going to get the the sp card. I purchased 14 packs....so I won't buy any more topps chrome packs from them. Only getting the rest that I need from Target on line.....have 5 blasters coming this week.....and if I'm short will trade for the rest on this site. Best regards, David

I agree with the others. This is BS. Topps basically misled buyers by advertising chase cards and then not having them in boxes. They could have delayed product (like many others) or put out redemptions (like they sometimes do with autos) for these cards. Having them in silver packs is a solution to remedy not having these cards in packs but short changes general retail buyer (as David noted above) and delays opportunity for buyers to recoup money.

Not like this is the first time this has happened with a Topps product. Was it 2019 A/G that the wood minis never got packed out - and still haven't been found.

Not like this is the first time this has happened with a Topps product. Was it 2019 A/G that the wood minis never got packed out - and still haven't been found.
There is one of them on eBay, so maybe not that year. It was 2018 after doing some digging on gogole.