Contest Over - gonavy0806 - WINNER - Hit Streak Contest - JULY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The July contest kicks off with 16 participants, including 2 who have added the 'beat the host' side bet.

three strikes - none

two strikes - plopowitz, scc76

one strike - anglinomics, gonavy0806, fatrat, scottpt99

no strikes - katester44, boivingp, 47mklsm, mrknicks, mm1sub, sam123, tgutta, sgbt4, quota, batkidiii

Still time to join in with a two strike strike penalty. First pitch is at 4:05 this afternoon, make sure you have your picks in.

The July contest kicks off with 16 participants, including 2 who have added the 'beat the host' side bet. After 4 days, the first of the participants takes a seat.

three strikes - scc76

two strikes - 47mklsm, anglinomics, plopowitz, scottpt99

one strike - mrknicks, gonavy0806, tgutta, sgbt4, quota, batkidiii, fatrat, scottpt99

no strikes - katester44, boivingp, mm1sub, sam123

First pitch is at 1:05 this afternoon, make sure you have your picks in.

****Question was brought up regarding the All Star Game - no pick for the all star game. If anyone is left standing after Sunday's games, we will take a three day break and resume on Thursday.****

The July contest kicks off with 16 participants, including 2 who have added the 'beat the host' side bet. After 5 days, only one remains strike free - boivingp

three strikes - scc76

two strikes - 47mklsm, anglinomics, plopowitz, batkidiii, scottpt99

one strike - katester44, mrknicks, gonavy0806, mm1sub, sam123, tgutta, sgbt4, quota, fatrat, scottpt99

no strikes - boivingp

First pitch is at 7:05 this evening, make sure you have your picks in.

****Question was brought up regarding the All Star Game - no pick for the all star game. If anyone is left standing after Sunday's games, we will take a three day break and resume on Thursday.****

just making sure but I don't see any games scheduled for thursday the 12th on ESPN calendar. Do games start up again on Friday?

just making sure but I don't see any games scheduled for thursday the 12th on ESPN calendar. Do games start up again on Friday?

All Star break is normally only Monday - Wednesday with games resuming on Thursday. Can't imagine they would be changing that this year, betting that ESPN will have games up over the weekend.

that's what i thought too, but games are posted for the 13th and forward on espn....
interesting... the answer to the trivia question what day is there never a major sporting event occuring in the US... the day after the MLB all star game, although basketball is trying to inch into July...and I suppose NASCAR will start having Wednesday races soon...

The July contest kicks off with 16 participants, including 2 who have added the 'beat the host' side bet. After 6 days, only one remains strike free - boivingp

And we have lost our second participant who went down looking.

three strikes - scc76, batkidiii

two strikes - 47mklsm, anglinomics, sam123, plopowitz, tgutta, scottpt99

one strike - katester44, mrknicks, gonavy0806, mm1sub, sgbt4, quota, fatrat

no strikes - boivingp

First pitch is at 12:35pm this afternoon, make sure you have your picks in.

****Question was brought up regarding the All Star Game - no pick for the all star game. If anyone is left standing after Sunday's games, we will take a three day break and resume on Thursday (or Friday).****

****It is certainly looking like no games on Thursday. Which is a good thing, with the addition of the extra wild card game, pushing the completion of the regular season back makes total sense****

The July contest kicks off with 16 participants, including 2 who have added the 'beat the host' side bet. After 7 days, only one remains strike free - boivingp

And we have lost our third participant who went down looking.

three strikes - scc76, batkidiii,47mklsm

two strikes - anglinomics, mm1sub, sam123, plopowitz, tgutta, sgbt4, scottpt99

one strike - katester44, mrknicks, gonavy0806, quota, fatrat

no strikes - boivingp

First pitch is at 1:35pm this afternoon, make sure you have your picks in.

****Question was brought up regarding the All Star Game - no pick for the all star game. If anyone is left standing after Sunday's games, we will take a three day break and resume on Thursday (or Friday).****

****It is certainly looking like no games on Thursday. Which is a good thing, with the addition of the extra wild card game, pushing the completion of the regular season back makes total sense****

The July contest kicks off with 16 participants, including 2 who have added the 'beat the host' side bet. After 8 days, one remains strike free - boivingp

And we have lost our third participant who went down looking.

three strikes - scc76, batkidiii,47mklsm

two strikes - mrknicks, anglinomics, mm1sub, sam123, plopowitz, tgutta, sgbt4, scottpt99

one strike - katester44, gonavy0806, quota, fatrat

no strikes - boivingp

No picks until regular season games start again.

All star break is over - first pitch is at 2:20 today. Most have their picks in, but there are still a couple that are outstanding.

hit streak is still alive as trout has 3 hits yesterday, and Cano 2/3 today woohoo:)

Last edited:
The July contest kicks off with 16 participants, including 2 who have added the 'beat the host' side bet. After 15 days, one STILL remains strike free - boivingp

Sorry for the update delay, some additional participants have gone down swinging.

three strikes - mrknicks, anglinomics, mm1sub, sam123, plopowitz, tgutta, sgbt4, scc76, batkidiii, 47mklsm, scottpt99

two strikes - gonavy0806, quota

one strike - katester44, fatrat

no strikes - boivingp

First pitch is 7:00pm tonight, please make sure your picks are in.

Among the casualties over the weekend include the first two participants who were brave enough to step up and try to beat the host - mrknicks & anglinomics.

I HATE DUSTY BAKER! Strike 1 as Dusty lied about Votto's availability yesterday. jeas just say that you are going to put him on the DL, not that you may give him a day off later in the week. Red's are officially on my do not play list.

I HATE DUSTY BAKER! Strike 1 as Dusty lied about Votto's availability yesterday. jeas just say that you are going to put him on the DL, not that you may give him a day off later in the week. Red's are officially on my do not play list.

My only strike (so far)...was Votto DNP - I didn't even know he was ailing!! :(

Andy, can you please pick a card from the list I sent you. I would like to get it into the mail before I go on vacation Friday. Thanks.

Dave

The July contest kicks off with 16 participants, including 2 who have added the 'beat the host' side bet.

And than there were none. Boivingp gets his first strike looking....

Sorry for the update delay, some additional participants have gone down swinging.

three strikes - mrknicks, anglinomics, mm1sub, sam123, plopowitz, tgutta, sgbt4, scc76, batkidiii, 47mklsm, scottpt99

two strikes - gonavy0806, quota, katester44

one strike - boivingp, fatrat

no strikes - none

First pitch is 7:00pm tonight, please make sure your picks are in.

Among the casualties over the weekend include the first two participants who were brave enough to step up and try to beat the host - mrknicks & anglinomics.

And than there were none. Boivingp gets his first strike looking....and than misses the next two as well to get eliminated.

three strikes - mrknicks, anglinomics, mm1sub, sam123, plopowitz, tgutta, sgbt4, scc76, batkidiii, 47mklsm, scottpt99, boivingp, quota

two strikes - gonavy0806, katester44, fatrat

one strike - none

no strikes - none

The three remaining participants all got their Thursday pick correct, so next up will be Friday's picks.

If I followed correctly, gonavy0806 takes it. I struck out today, Thome had a hit, and I think katester is out of it as well. From one Navy guy to another, congrats!!! Looking forward to August!!!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.