CONTEST OVER - mrknicks winner - August - Hit Streak Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The July contest kicks off with 18 participants, including 1 who has added the 'beat the host' side bet.

After day 1, only two have their first strike.

three strikes - none

two strikes - none

one strike - 47mklsm, mj23bullsfan

no strikes - katester44, sgbt4, fatrat, anglinomics, redsguy, jaybo374, boivingp, mrknicks, tgutta, sam123, scottpt99, scc76, mm1sub, bonzomoretti, gonavy0806, cmcjr99

Still time to join in with only a one strike penalty. First pitch is at 12:35 this afternoon, make sure you have your picks in.

18 participants is the best so far, thank you to everyone for participating!

The July contest kicks off with 18 participants, including 1 who has added the 'beat the host' side bet.

After day 1, only two have their first strike.

three strikes - none

two strikes - mj23bullsfan

one strike - 47mklsm, tgutta, sam123, gonavy0806

no strikes - katester44, sgbt4, fatrat, anglinomics, redsguy, jaybo374, boivingp, mrknicks, scottpt99, scc76, mm1sub, bonzomoretti, cmcjr99

Still time to join in with only a two strike penalty. First pitch is at 4:05 this afternoon, make sure you have your picks in.

18 participants is the best so far, thank you to everyone for participating!

I couldn't log on to The Bench yesterday. I was able to today but it the changes I make over the past few days were eliminated and thus my picks for aug 9 and 10 are no longer on my post. Am I out of luck or do we take a mulligan for those days?

I couldn't log on to The Bench yesterday. I was able to today but it the changes I make over the past few days were eliminated and thus my picks for aug 9 and 10 are no longer on my post. Am I out of luck or do we take a mulligan for those days?

Due to the unforeseen loss of data, we are going to reboot the contest to the last point that I had updated. That is the following:

three strikes: redsguy, mj23bullsfan, boivingp, tgutta

two strikes: anglinomics, scc76, mm1sub

one strike: 47mklsm, fatrat, sam123, scottpt99, gonavy0806, cmcjr99

no strikes: katester44, sgbt4, jaybo374, mrknicks, bonzomoretti

We will start it up again on Monday the 13thm that should give everyone a chance to get re-settled in after being off for a couple days. For those whose picks didn't get wiped clean, you can keep them, or you can select new players. Please post in your initial post as always, your next pick should just be dated August 13.

Hopefully this little hiccup won't upset anyone too much!

so if my spreadsheet is correct , based on your statement of 4 eliminated players , the last day of games you had recorded was the 6th ? (i have everything through the 8th which included 4 more eliminations and 7 other strikes , but i have no problem with resetting to the 6th - i ask only to make sure what players have already been used so i won't accidentally eliminate myself by picking a player a second time)

so if my spreadsheet is correct , based on your statement of 4 eliminated players , the last day of games you had recorded was the 6th ? (i have everything through the 8th which included 4 more eliminations and 7 other strikes , but i have no problem with resetting to the 6th - i ask only to make sure what players have already been used so i won't accidentally eliminate myself by picking a player a second time)

My stats are back through the 6th, but there are picks on the 6th that disappeared. So, If you have a player listed from the 1st to the 5th, you can't use that player. Going forward today (13th), any other player is acceptable to use. Thanks for your understanding.

My stats are back through the 6th, but there are picks on the 6th that disappeared. So, If you have a player listed from the 1st to the 5th, you can't use that player. Going forward today (13th), any other player is acceptable to use. Thanks for your understanding.

works for me - but i do see that one person (bonzomoretti) has a player chosen for the 14th that he already used on the 4th.....figure he should be given a chance to fix it before then....

OK, back up and running as of yesterday (13th).

three strikes: anglinomics, redsguy, mj23bullsfan, boivingp, tgutta, scc76, mm1sub

two strikes: 47mklsm

one strike: fatrat, sam123, scottpt99, bonzomoretti, gonavy0806, cmcjr99

no strikes: katester44, sgbt4, jaybo374, mrknicks

We still have 4 participants left with no strikes. First pitch is tonight at 7:05pm, plenty of time to get picks in.

three strikes: anglinomics, redsguy, mj23bullsfan, boivingp, tgutta, scc76, mm1sub, 47mklsm

two strikes: fatrat

one strike: katester44, sam123, scottpt99, bonzomoretti, gonavy0806, cmcjr99

no strikes: sgbt4, jaybo374, mrknicks

We still have 3 participants left with no strikes. First pitch has already happened, so hope everyone had their picks in.

Just went in to be sure I didn't take Melky Cabrera tonight - Phew!! (Actually, I took him earlier in the contest - no wonder he got two hits!) :p When will they learn??

three strikes: anglinomics, redsguy, mj23bullsfan, boivingp, tgutta, scc76, mm1sub, 47mklsm

two strikes: fatrat

no strikes: sgbt4, jaybo374, mrknicks

We still have 3 participants left with no strikes. First pitch has already happened, so hope everyone had their picks in.

just so you know....o believe bonzo should have 2 strikes (cano on the 13th and for re-using jemile weeks yesterday after having already used him on the 4th .....he never adjusted his pick even though he did log in and add picks after i'd posted on the 13th that he should make the change).....

works for me - but i do see that one person (bonzomoretti) has a player chosen for the 14th that he already used on the 4th.....figure he should be given a chance to fix it before then....

Thanks for the Heads-up but I totally missed that one...obviously! Oh well, one more strike!

I think I should have a strike.

all results from the 7th through the 12th were thrown out due to the site outage....also of note , since andy had the hit/miss results of 6th but the posts showing the picks of that day disappeared for many people , we are able to reuse players that were picked for day 6.....

all results from the 7th through the 12th were thrown out due to the site outage....also of note , since andy had the hit/miss results of 6th but the posts showing the picks of that day disappeared for many people , we are able to reuse players that were picked for day 6.....

Thanks for clarifying for me.

DNP's are wreaking havoc this month!! And we are down to our last participant with no strikes - jaybo374

three strikes: fatrat, anglinomics, redsguy, mj23bullsfan, boivingp, tgutta, sam123, scc76, mm1sub, bonzomoretti, 47mklsm

two strikes: katester44, gonavy0806

one strike: sgbt4, mrknicks, scottpt99, cmcjr99

no strikes: jaybo374

Getting down towards the end. The side bet with gonavy could come down to tonight - Posey v. Kinsler.

I think I have everything correct, if not, let me know and I will double check!

Your host says good bye and we are down to our final four - Jaybo374 is still without a strike, one has one and two have two.

three strikes: katester44, fatrat, anglinomics, redsguy, mj23bullsfan, boivingp, tgutta, sam123, scc76, mm1sub, bonzomoretti, 47mklsm, gonavy0806, cmcjr99

two strikes: sgbt4, scottpt99

one strike: mrknicks

no strikes: jaybo374

This month gonavy0806 wins the sidebet with me, I will be sending him a card of his choice off my Bench user page.

Through this evenings games, we are down to two - each with two strikes. Jaybo374 and mrknicks each have two strikes and will go until one picks wrong.

three strikes: katester44, fatrat, anglinomics, redsguy, mj23bullsfan, boivingp, tgutta, sam123, scc76, mm1sub, bonzomoretti, 47mklsm, gonavy0806, cmcjr99, sgbt4, scottpt99

two strikes: mrknicks, jaybo374

one strike: none

no strikes: none

For the second month in a row, the last person to receive a strike, might not be the person to win it all........

Status
Not open for further replies.