Corey Thurman IP (4/23)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Our local baseball organization, for which my son plays, had their opening day festivities today. One of the many great things they had going on for the kids was former major leaguer Corey Thurman come in and give a motivational speech to kick things off. And no chance this guy was living in a van down by the river!

He did a fantastic job, his speech/talk was really well done, so much so, that I wanted to go out and risk blowing out my ACL, hammys or Achilles just to play some ball! Anytime someone references Bull Durham in a speech, you know it will be good.

Thanks to RBurke02 (Robert), I had a card in hand of Thurman. While I was stuck out on the field with my team for the festivities, my wife was able to get him to sign the card - she said he was one of the nicest people she had ever had the chance to cross paths with and that he was extremely happy to do this type of thing for kids and give back to the game.

The speech must have worked, at least on my son, he finished 5-6 with 4 doubles, 3 RBI and 5 runs scored out of the number 2 spot in the order.

Thanks for taking a look and thanks again to RBurke02 for getting the card to me in a time crunch.

52708[/ATTACH]"]o77pch.jpg

Attachments

• o77pch.jpg
    o77pch.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
congrats Andy
I love it when you can get a good speaker to come and talk with the kids and keep their interest
Congrats to the slugger also Hope he has a great season
Tom

53085[/ATTACH]"]28s9cae.jpg

Had been trying to pick up 10 Corey Thurman cards to give to my kids for an end of the year surprise, but couldn't get 10 cards - so did the next best thing, went out and bought a dozen baseballs.

Mr. Thurman was gracious enough to take time out of his schedule to meet with me to sign them for the kids. The kids went nuts when they got them - it isn't Hank Aaron or Cal Ripken, but to the kids, all they cared about was that they got an autographed baseball. Hopefully it keeps them coming back for another year of baseball...

Attachments

• 28s9cae.jpg
    28s9cae.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
What an awesome story! He has a great signature, but even cooler that he spent so much time with the boys, that will be memories of a lifetime for them!

God Bless,

Kevin

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online

No members online now.