couldn't resist...ordered 2 boxes of 08 UD Heroes Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbinge

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Blowout has the 2008 UD Baseball Heroes on sale for $51 this weekend...and a $10 off of $100 code which is SCFDEC2009 that you enter at checkout...and free shipping on orders over $100...so 2 boxes came to $103 i think it was...used the code and got 2 boxes for less than $100 dlvd.

I have been watching you guys bust these for 2 years now and finally broke down and picked up a couple of boxes lol...at that price I couldn't resist any longer....I will let you know how I do.

here is the link if anyone else wants in on it...31 boxes left as of now:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_115&products_id=1959

I ordered one for my christmas present from my wife! I can't wait to open it!!!!

I'm Looking for 2 Pat Burrell cards from theis set:

Purple /25
purple patch /10

Good luck with your boxes!!!

I also decided to splurge and picked up two boxes of these. I've been itching to open something since Blowout had their Black Friday specials (didn't get any of those...). I'll have my boxes tomorrow evening. :D

Well, for all of you, then... the three 105 Reyes parallels I still need are:

Brown /149 $2.00
Purple /25 N/A
Sea Green /99 $2.50

Thanks all!

I also decided to splurge and picked up two boxes of these. I've been itching to open something since Blowout had their Black Friday specials (didn't get any of those...). I'll have my boxes tomorrow evening. :D

Keep me in mind....if you pull a 2008 ud heroes emerald auto/jersey serial #5 of Ken Griffey Jr.....Last one that I need to complete the auto rainbow!! Best regards, David

Keep me in mind....if you pull a 2008 ud heroes emerald auto/jersey serial #5 of Ken Griffey Jr.....Last one that I need to complete the auto rainbow!! Best regards, David

Nope, didn't get that.

What I did get was majorly shorted on parallels. In the first box, I only got 2 charcoal, 1 brown, 1 red, and 2 emerald parallels. In the second box, I got shorted a hit and only got 2 parallels (1 navy and 1 red) in the whole box. I noticed that most of the packs in both of my boxes only had 7 cards instead of the 8 promised. Turns out that the ones that were missing were the parallels. :mad:

And this just goes to remind me why I don't bust boxes any more.

Looks like I'll be contacting Upper Deck about this fiasco. Good luck to everyone else who ordered boxes from this case. You might need it.

I am very happy for you. I have bought 2 boxes from blowout on the special and many other packs from my LCS. To say the least, I have been very satisfied with 2 case hits and a Griffey auto. UD Heroes is a great value cuz the set is nice and the parallels are fun. Be sure to post what you get and good luck! If anything is FT I would like any Twins cards you get, especially Mauer

Nope, didn't get that.

What I did get was majorly shorted on parallels. In the first box, I only got 2 charcoal, 1 brown, 1 red, and 2 emerald parallels. In the second box, I got shorted a hit and only got 2 parallels (1 navy and 1 red) in the whole box. I noticed that most of the packs in both of my boxes only had 7 cards instead of the 8 promised. Turns out that the ones that were missing were the parallels. :mad:

And this just goes to remind me why I don't bust boxes any more.

Looks like I'll be contacting Upper Deck about this fiasco. Good luck to everyone else who ordered boxes from this case. You might need it.

wow that sucks....i hope my 2 boxes are at least what they are supposed to be :(

ok so whats the deal with the un-numbered darker cards in the base set? I got exactly 2 in each box so they must be some sort of parallel but I cant find any info on them? The base set is sort of beige and these are brown and not numbered? I can't seem to find anyting in Beckett about them either? It would be easy to say it's a printing variation but like i said 2 per box and I don't see much variation in the other beige cards?

Also...got a Matt Cain card signed in silver? can't find any info on that either and can't seem to find another silver auto from this set? Also no BV in Beckett???
80 Matt Cain/150 N/A N/A

and here is one on ebay just like mine but not a silver signed auto?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Matt-Cain-Autog...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a55d49851

I did manage to get a full complete base set and about 70% on a second set.

Last edited: