Cubs Convention (2013) and Hundley Fantasy Camp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

potvin48

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Went to the convention last year, and Randy Hundley's fantasy camp in 2010, both great experiences.

Just wanted to show my autograph scores from those events:

2013 Cubs Convention Autos
https://plus.google.com/photos/101633939769919765604/albums/5836780977697730673?banner=pwa

For the convention, I was obviously unprepared (there's no excuse for having them sign on the convention pass!)

The ball was my daughter's...I bought the ball, she acquired the autographs along with me. I love that ball, and told her never to sell it :) That Fergie auto is sweet, and a quick funny story to go along with that one. At the point she was getting his auto, the only other auto that was on the ball at the time was Zac Rosscup. Fergie took the ball, looked at it, looked at my daughter and said, "What the hell is this?" She told him it was Zac Rosscup, and he proceeded to ridicule Zac's autograph, all while penning his masterpiece. I wish I had it on video, only snapped pictures of that one.

2010 Randy Hundley fantasy camp (amazing experience, but quite expensive)
https://plus.google.com/photos/101633939769919765604/albums/5439761898791282161?banner=pwa

Cool story about those batting gloves, I got them both signed while they were still on my hands. It was after the "big game" on Saturday where we all played against the former Cubs players (and got smoked by the way). Lee Smith was one of my coaches (along with Leon Durham), which was awesome because I remember watching those guys play. Both really cool guys. Lee signed my right hand glove, and I got Randy Hundley to sign my left. I left them on for about 1/2 hour while I made sure they dried.

Best moment though was getting Ron Santo's autograph. The guy was sitting at a table eating a hot dog in the locker room. He saw me lingering, probably figured out what I wanted (but I didn't want to interrupt him), put down his hot dog, stood up, signed my stuff, and posed for a picture with me. I will NEVER forget that moment. Unfortunately it would be his last fantasy camp as he died before the next one. I consider myself extremely lucky to have met him in person. Such a great guy, really a genuine outstanding individual.

What a great time!

I hope someone can enjoy these, I know I had a blast getting them, and hope to head back to the convention next year when they're ready to talk about the progress they made in 2014...haha :)

Nice Cubs collection. If you have any duplicate Banks, Santo, Sandberg, Sosa or 69 Cub autographed or game used cards, keep me in mind. I have a number of Cub GU/Auto to trade.