Damaged Cards in Binders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardmonster

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hello,

I have recently picked up some sets in binders only to find that cards in first few pages (left side of sheet at the ring) are damaged. This can be frustrating because these damaged cards would need to be replaced.

I am looking for some kind of flap (or divider) that can prevent or minimize this problem. Does anyone know if such flap or divider is available? (and if so where?)

Thanks for your help.

other than getiing new "D" ring binders,I would go with inserting the thick card protectors that come in some packs into the left slots in the 9 card plastic pockets of the 2 front sheets and the 2 back sheets...I hope this helps...Lol,I've learned the hard way

The previous owner sounds like they didn't know how to open the binders to me but JMO. Hope you can solve the problem & find a fix.

I've noticed if I keep my binders standing up I don't have that issue. I used to have this issue when I would lay them down flat.

Thanks for replies.

I am looking that something that appears like the black flap in this picture.

Does anyone know what this flap is called or if it is available for purchase in quantity (by itself and without any binders)?

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Those black flaps can be found (in packs of three?) in any Office Depot's binder aisle. More importantly though is to only get "D" ring binders, stand them up, and don't overfill them.

as others have said , i only use d-ring binders myself whenever possible , but quite often when acquiring bulk lots of cards (especially from people who aren't really collectors themselves) many cards are in standard round ring binders...

if you're looking for a simple solution , instead of buying the inserts , you can always take a piece of rigid cardboard (preferably one a piece the size of a 9-pocket page and anywhere from 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick) and use a hole punch (a 3-hole punch would be ideal , but not really necessary) to make your own inserts...