Dave Dravecky IP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Giants

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I've met him a few times before but this time was special. A great person in so many ways, he was in town tonight and came into my work and it was my night off. He had the manager call me because he had promised to sign my cards next time he was in town lol. Fortunately I was home so I went in to get my cards signed. I ended up sitting down with his family for an hour and talked baseball while he signed 75 cards for me!
draveckywoot005.jpg
draveckywoot006.jpg
draveckywoot003.jpg
draveckywoot002.jpg
scan0016-5.jpg

scan0015-4.jpg

Very cool. Thanks for sharing the photos. It is always great when current or former players really show their human side. Dravecky is truly an inspirational story and seems to be doing some great things in his post-baseball life.

That opportunity was special. I am a Dravecky fan, he is an amazing person on or off the field. Great success!

Awesome photos!!! I would love to get a chance to meet him. I sent him a copy of his book and 12 cards a few years ago, he signed them all and sent a note saying to send anything else that I may have. Very VERY nice guy!!

Oh, and I hate your hat :)

If he is willing to sign them, why not?

They would make good trade material for other signatures (something that used to be quite common in the autograph world). There are some players out there who don't care what happens after they sign something, be it for a true fan, for trading or for profit. I think that is a great thing.

I don't collect for profit, so I say the more a player signs, the better! More supply to meet the demand and it may even help keep resale prices down. This also allows autographs to get to people who can't meet a player in person.

I got Gaylord Perry 18 times when he came to a minor league game and signed for a couple hours during a game. This was a planned event with a time window, but the line dwindled down to only a few people near the end. I actually ran out of things for him to sign, otherwise I could have doubled or tripled that number. I still have every single one in my collection and none were available for trade.

I took advantage of Dave Stewart and Dan Wilson signings in the same manner, gathering multiples of both. All stayed in my collection.

I just got 16 Julio Cruz cards signed this past week through a local shop and will probably trade a few only because they are White Sox cards, not Mariners (which I am keeping all of).

Not everyone getting multiples, even crazy amounts, is trying to take advantage of the generosity of a player.

Dravecky seems like a great guy,but why did you hit him up for 75 cards?

NIce!!! Dave is a really nice guy. I am glad you got a chance to hang out with him and talk baseball. An oddity these days. Thanks for sharing...

If he is willing to sign them, why not?

They would make good trade material for other signatures (something that used to be quite common in the autograph world). There are some players out there who don't care what happens after they sign something, be it for a true fan, for trading or for profit. I think that is a great thing.

I don't collect for profit, so I say the more a player signs, the better! More supply to meet the demand and it may even help keep resale prices down. This also allows autographs to get to people who can't meet a player in person.

I got Gaylord Perry 18 times when he came to a minor league game and signed for a couple hours during a game. This was a planned event with a time window, but the line dwindled down to only a few people near the end. I actually ran out of things for him to sign, otherwise I could have doubled or tripled that number. I still have every single one in my collection and none were available for trade.

I took advantage of Dave Stewart and Dan Wilson signings in the same manner, gathering multiples of both. All stayed in my collection.

I just got 16 Julio Cruz cards signed this past week through a local shop and will probably trade a few only because they are White Sox cards, not Mariners (which I am keeping all of).

Not everyone getting multiples, even crazy amounts, is trying to take advantage of the generosity of a player.

I agree. This would've been my answer to the guy who asked why so many as well. The last time I saw Dave it was unexpected and he told me he would come back and to bring all of my cards. I'm sure he didnt think I had 150 of them, but hey I figure I'd bring them and I dont care if he only signs a few I just want to show him my collection. When he saw me open the box he and his son laughed and he thought it was cool and signed 75 last night, and said next time he is in town he will sign the rest. I've already given away 10 to co-workers and friends. The rest go in my autograph binders, and more specifically my Giants PC binders.